IT Analyst II
OPENING DATE: 06/01/21
CLOSING DATE: 06/11/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Administration
Public Works Administration is seeking an IT Analyst II with experience in technical analysis, process analysis, programming, cloud concepts and security concepts, and who has an understanding of the relationship between technology, data and business processes. This position will be part of the business line IT team and will work closely with other IT professionals and business users to analyze, develop, and support work in tools such as SharePoint, SQL server, PowerBI, smart technologies, Azure solutions, and general IT support.
Location and hours:
This position is currently being performed remotely due to COVID-19. Once offices reopen, this position will be located at downtown Minneapolis at 701 Fourth Ave South. Suite 660, Minneapolis, MN 55415. There will be a rotation to the Public Works Facility at 1600 Prairie Drive in Medina, MN 55340. There is no public transportation to this facility.
Work hours will be Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and will require to participate in an after hour on-call rotation for support of critical systems.
About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit-earning position. This position is eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $1,770.78 that can be earned annually based on performance.
In this position, you will:
- Work in collaborative teams to deliver technical solutions by identifying technical requirements, perform testing, troubleshoot issues, implement enterprise standards of support and advance key technologies.
- Develop, test and support custom and vendor solutions that automate business processes.
- Provide technical support of SharePoint, reporting and data analysis tools.
- Assist in the onboarding, development, testing, maintenance and support of smart technology and cloud solutions.
- Support adoption of new tools and processes as they are implemented (on-prem, hybrid and cloud).
- Communicate decisions, priorities, and relevant project and solution information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit/department requests, projects, and initiatives based on predefined criteria.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical partners on service requests and other enterprise solutions.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, management information systems (MIS), information technology or an approved information technology field related to the position.
- Associate's/vocational/technical degree or higher in a field listed above and two years or more of IT experience.
- Completion of five or more college/vocational technical technology courses and two years or more of IT experience.
- Completion of an approved IT Hennepin County internship and two years or more of IT experience.
- Four years or more of IT experience.
- Certification or ability to become certified in ITIL Foundations within 6 months of hire.
Nice to have:
- Certifications in:
- Leading professional level IT area.
- Researching, testing, implementing, and supporting technical solutions.
- Onboarding and supporting diverse technology applications.
- Evaluating, developing, and supporting smart technologies; connected systems.
- Working as a SharePoint Site Owner and/or Site Collection Administrator that includes working in PowerApps, Automate and custom forms.
- Implementing solutions for data driven decision making and automating business process.
- Knowledge of:
- IT best practices, IT support processes, agile methodologies/frameworks, organizational applications, technology integration, security concepts, virtual and cloud concepts, and data continuity.
- Power BI and/or other data visualization tools.
- SSRS (Reporting Services), SSIS (integration Services), T-SQL, Batch scripting, PowerShell, Crystal Reports and Crystal Reports Server.
- Ability to:
- Facilitate meetings and communicate effectively through written and in-person presentations.
- Provide end user operational support for systems and applications.
- Organize and plan work effectively; establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Work across organizational boundaries and work with and in diverse teams.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Strong skills in writing documentation for both end-user instructional and technical audiences.
About the department:
Public Works creates healthy and livable communities through economic development, environmental stewardship and advancement of a multimodal transportation network. About 450 employees work together on a wide range of programs and projects to achieve our mission.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This position is internally classified as an Information Technology (IT) Analyst II.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.