Contract Specialist - Recent Graduate
This job is open to
- Recent graduates: Individuals who have graduated from an accredited educational institute or certificate program within the last 2 years or 6 years for Veterans.
Clarification from the agency
Recent graduates who have completed a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within the previous two years; veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply; or students expecting to obtain a degree or certificate up to 9 months from the closing date may apply.
LOCATION: The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of Operations, Office of Finance, Budget and Acquisitions, Office of Acquisitions and Grant Services, located in Beltsville, Maryland.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy, within the same geographical area, by other organizational elements from within FDA, through shared corporate recruiting activities.
- Perform acquisitions to include cost reimbursement, cost sharing, and fixed price type contracts for research and development, services, supply and facility requirements.
- Conduct or review market research. Applies FAR, HHSAR, statutory and other regulatory orders and departmental policies to contract work.
- Negotiate and prepare all documents relative to contract modifications; determine appropriate action, prepare all documents and negotiate all issues relative to actions up to and including termination when contract performance is not acceptable.
- Prepare the solicitation, using the appropriate solicitation format. Determine terms and conditions, to include FAR, HHSAR clauses.
- Justify the need to negotiate or award the contract without full and open competition, or, in a multiple-award scenario, without providing for fair opportunity, based on business strategies and market research.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements to participate in this Recent Graduate Program:
A. Completed all requirements for an associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational, or technical degree or qualifying certificate with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above from an accredited educational institution within the 2 years preceding the closing date of this announcement. -OR-
B. Released or discharged from active duty within the previous two years by 05/18/2021, where as a veteran who, due to a military service obligation, was precluded from applying to the Recent Graduate Program during any portion of the 2-year eligibility period following completion of degree or certificate requirements with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above, are entitled to a full 2-year period of eligibility upon release or discharge from active duty. In no event, however, may the eligibility period extend beyond 6 years from the date on which the preference eligible veteran completed the requirements of the degree or certificate. -OR-
C. Individuals that are scheduled to complete a qualifying Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate, professional, vocational or technical degree or certificate program within 9 months from the closing date of this announcement. The degree/certificate must be conferred by 02-17-2022 with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above.
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate.