Scientist I / Lab assistant
This is Saif from Infojini Consulting. Hope you are doing well!
We are looking for an Scientist I, Qa/Qc in Carlsbad, CAfor 12+Months Contract with one of our direct clients. Please send your resume along with the hourly rate expectation to Saif.email@example.com ASAP or call me at (443)-393-7118
Position Title- Scientist I / Lab assistant
Location- 5781 Van Allen Way, Carlsbad, California 92008
- Responsible for qualifying product(s) in a lab setting following standard operating procedures. Will utilize basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary to qualify products.
- Will perform various assays which may include the following: PCR, qPCR, Bioanalyzer, HPLC, HPIC, small/medium nucleic acid purification, Polyacrylamide and Agarose Gel Electrophoresis, Cloning and Transformation.
- Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data within operating parameters. Actively participate in troubleshooting for specific processes or activities as assigned.
- Follow controlled protocols and complete according to good documentation practices.
- Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Note variances on manufacturing documents; audit and evaluate process documents and propose revisions.
- Identify and implement manufacturing procedures intended to optimize existing processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Advise the team lead/manager of factors that may affect quality of the product, initiate problem reports for deviations and non-conforming materials, and suggest options and ideas for corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Research new methods and present recommendations to the team, including development of and revision of standard operating procedures.
How will you get here?
High School diploma and 4+ years experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory – or –
Associates Degree in a scientific discipline and 2+ years experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory – or -
Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline and 0-2+ years of experience in a manufacturing or research laboratory
Introductory Experience in the use of scientific laboratory techniques, equipment and materials:
- Aseptic techniques
- Spectrophotometer operation (Nanodrop)
- End-Point and Quantitative (real-time) PCR, and Reverse Transcriptase PCR
- Cloning and Transformations
- Small/Medium Scale Nucleic Acid Purification
- Polyacrylamide and Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
- OD Measurements via Spectrophotometer and Pico Green Assay
- Good documentation practices
- Bench work both in a lab environment and manufacturing facility with specialized equipment.
- Ability to carry out scientific procedures and make recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs will be required on a frequent basis.
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. This would include work potentially in a BSL-2 and/or with radioactive isotope.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- May intermittently sit at desk/lab bench for a long period of time to perform experiments, write, and use a keyboard to communicate through written means.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Is energized working in a fast-paced environment
- Organized, deadline oriented, and adapts to changing priorities
- Consistent, dependable, and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others
- Results oriented and data driven
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
Demonstrates intensity, innovation, involvement, and integrity