Staff Accountant (Entry Level) - Denver County Court
Application Process: We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without notice.
The Denver County Court (DCC) is seeking a Staff Accountant to perform entry level governmental accounting assignments. This motivated individual will be working under the direct supervision of the Agency Controller to support the Court Administration and its divisions. In this position, the employee will have access to confidential legal information and must always maintain confidentiality. This is an onsite position which requires the employee to be present Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm.
The mission of Denver County Court is to administer justice fairly, efficiently and effectively; provide excellent customer service, and foster a positive environment where employees enjoy their work. The City and County of Denver’s third branch of government is comprised of 18 judges, 15 magistrates, and 300 staff members. The Court has an appropriated budget of 23 million dollars. Case types include state, civil, small claims, traffic, criminal, and other general sessions cases within the City and County of Denver. The Denver County Court proudly serves the community and continually seeks ways to incorporate procedural fairness and evidence-based practices.
As a Staff Accountant with DCC, you can expect to:
- Count cash, verify checks, review credit card receipts to match against the daily cashier registers and to identify any discrepancies.
- Enter daily receipts into Excel spreadsheets and the City’s system of record.
- Issuing refunds of bond monies and restitution owed to victims.
- Reconcile revenue, expense and agency funds at month end.
- Communicate with Judicial Officers and Court personnel regarding accounting issues as they relate to Court cases.
- Reconcile Court bank accounts at the end of the month.
- Prepare/Approve journal entries and enter Accounts Payable in City’s system of record.
- Provide excellent and unbiased customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have integrity and a strong commitment to public service. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have/be the following:
- Willingness and ability to learn the processes of the Court.
- Must be comfortable working with large amounts of cash.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills to interact effectively with peers, judicial officers, other DCC staff, and the public.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel.
- Comfortable working with multiple computer programs.
- Reconciliation experience a plus.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Experience: None
- Equivalency: No substitution of experience for education is permitted