Administrative Assistant - Early Learning
Effective immediately, the Human Resources Department will accept online applications for the position of Early Learning Administrative Assistant (Classification IV) at the Family Education Center with an anticipated start date of June 4, 2021 (with training potentially on June 2). This is a 12-month, full-time position and reports to the Director of Early Learning & Equity.
Performs general clerical duties for Early Learning programs (ECFE, Preschool, and School Readiness).
- Greet and sign in all District Office visitors and ensure visitor policies and procedures are followed. Notify District Office staff of visitors/appointments. Ensure coverage of District Office main entrance when absent or away from work area.
- Perform general clerical duties for the Early Learning programs.
- Work as a team member within Early Learning and other Community Education or District programs to provide a quality program which meets the needs of each family.
- Support online student enrollment process for SSP Community Preschool.
- Prepare, support and update quarterly class lists and daily class attendance.
- Set up and maintain class schedules, demographic and immunization information in student information system software.
- Generate program billings and receipts and collect program payments.
- Assist in collecting past due accounts (verbal and written) from participants as directed.
- Create and maintain an online enrollment process for ECFE.
- Assist with creating, proofreading and distributing program brochures, employee handbook, staff newsletters, event flyers, parent information/handbooks, forms and agendas as requested.
- Support documentation collection and data processing as a result of the early learning screening process.
- Collect, verify, code and obtain approval for timesheets and submit to Payroll prior to pay period deadline.
- Coordinate teacher and paraprofessional substitutes for department in partnership with Teachers on Call and through the sub calling system.
- Follow internal procedures to ensure required teaching positions not filled by vendor are covered on a daily basis.
- Verify substitute hours worked in the sub management system on a daily basis.
- Manage records of early learning program staff absences through absence management system and provide Director with updates.
- Engage “Outreach Protocol” for Birth to Age 8/Dakota County programing including: contacting families, learning about child/family, describing programs, classes, and services available.
- Complete Birth to Age 8 Portal referral, enrollment and updating paperwork/procedures.
- Document Birth to Age 8 outreach for quarterly reporting.
- Maintain and provide information for early learning state reports (demo surveys, registration, and census) to Director of Early Learning.
- Cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with all students, staff, families and community members.
- Oversee the day to day site activities and scheduling, assist with room and equipment scheduling, set-up for staff and in-service meetings, and other program events and activities.
- Assist with inventory of equipment (including technology equipment) and supplies and maintain a regular (monthly) system of supply ordering and purchasing for staff/classroom requests.
- Support Early Learning Advisory Council with monthly data and activities account updates.
- Recruit volunteers for special events.
- Attend workshops and meetings to stay current on technology/communication/data.
- Adhere to staff and program guidelines and district procedures and policies.
- Model the 1B Learner Profile for students, families and staff.
- Demonstrate prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years previous experience in a clerical position.
- Strong computer software knowledge and experience.
- Proficient math skills.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with employees at all levels in the organization as well as with people outside the organization.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to coordinate program details in the areas of program registration, planning and scheduling.
- Ability to work independently and discern and accept appropriate decision making authority as relates to the duties of the position.
- Ability to understand and follow data privacy rules and regulations related to students and staff and maintain confidentiality and professionalism as it relates to handling and knowledge of sensitive program and district information.
- Ability to anticipate action steps and provide follow-through to see an assignment through to completion.