Accounting Analyst I/II (2 Openings)
- Assists in the preparation of various external regulatory reports and filings with the SEC, FERC, and MPUC.
- Reviews and analyzes accounting or financial data.
- Prepares financial and operating reports and variance analyses.
- Assists in the preparation and review of the annual budget.
- Participates in other accounting processes for ALLETE and its affiliates.
- Complies with standards to assure conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Incumbents will work in financial reporting and budgeting, but could support other areas of accounting.
- Must possess a bachelor's degree in accounting or an equivalent degree with applicable accounting course work.
- Candidates completing their degree by July 2021 will be considered
Accounting Analyst I:
- No experience required
Accounting Analyst II:
- Four years or more job related work experience
- Three years or more job related work experience AND certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required in order to establish and maintain relationships.
- Competent working with accounting information systems and Microsoft Office software.
- Under normal operating conditions, this position will be reporting to the Duluth, MN office. In accordance with the Company’s current work-from-home policy, the position will start as a remote, work-from-home opportunity. The duration of the remote work option is subject to the business need and evolving guidance during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some training may need to occur in the office, with safety protocol and social distancing. This position is temporarily remote with potential for a hybrid work schedule.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.