Administrative Specialist II
Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
Upstate DHEC, Greenville County Health Department, is seeking energetic candidates that are passionate about making a difference in their community.
Under supervision of the Site Lead Administrator, this position will serve as a front-line administrative specialist in multiple program areas including Preventive Health, Immunizations, and WIC.
Candidates must possess the following characteristics:
• Ability to empathize with the needs of the typical public health patient.
• Ability to communicate appropriately with co-workers and general public, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality
• Ability to collect and assemble information in a clear and concise manner.
• Must be punctual, flexible, and dependable
• Willingness to be cross trained in multiple program areas.
Duties to Include:
• Utilizing the agency core values of Embracing Service, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork and Pursing Excellence while performing administrative support duties in health services clinics.
• Completion of applicable agency and program related training.
• Works across multiple programs including Preventive Health, Immunizations, and WIC.
• Meets, interviews, and directs public health clients per program policies.
• Processes information completes medical record and updates client profile in Client Automated Encounter System (CARES), SIMON, SC WIC, and Private Pay.
• Answers telephone and schedules appointments in SC WIC and CARES and works in medical records area.
• Assess financial information and determines eligibility based on program requirements/guidelines. Facilitates completion of Medicaid application, as applicable, based on financial findings. Adheres to Third Party/Private Pay policies as applicable
• Completes other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, participating in disaster response efforts.