Credit and Collections Representative
OPENING DATE: 04/30/21
CLOSING DATE: 05/06/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Human Services and Public Health
The Financial Analysis Account Administration area within the Human Services and Public Health (HSPH) department is seeking a Credit and Collections Representative to work in the medical/behavioral health payment posting area. This position will post daily payment files along with resolving accounts in multiple work queues within the electronic medical record system, EPIC. In addition, there are some account follow-up duties that include billing all third-party payers through a claims processing vendor and/or appealing of denied professional claims.
Location and hours:
This position will be located at the Hennepin County Government Center at 300 South Sixth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
In this position, you will:
- Process daily payment files, credits, or payment disputes, and resolve accounts in multiple work queues within EPIC.
- Follow-up with accounts to bill third party payers through a claims processing vendor and/or appealing of denied professional claims.
- Correct errors in remittance work queues.
- Review and resolve reconciliation issues.
- Interpret remit codes to properly post payments.
- Identify trends and report them to department supervisor.
Need to have:
- Two or more years of clerical experience involving the obtaining and evaluating of financial or closely related information.
Nice to have:
- Experience processing credit and collection payments in a medical/behavioral health setting.
- Experience utilizing the electronic medical records system, EPIC.
About the department:
Human Services delivers a variety of services to individuals or families that assist with basic needs or encourage client change around specific objectives. We work with individuals as well as systems and communities in order to develop policy and advocate for the people we serve. The people we serve and our communities are connected. By helping one, we help the other.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as a Credit Collections Representative.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.