Social Worker, Senior
OPENING DATE: 04/29/21
CLOSING DATE: 05/06/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Varies, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Human Services and Public Health
The Children and Family Services area of the Human Services and Public Health department (HSPH) is seeking a Senior Social Worker position in the Child Services Program. This position will be assigned a caseload of child and adolescent clients who are in out-of-home placement, due to abuse and neglect. The children and adolescents are referred from Child Protection Case Management. The parental rights have been terminated and they are state wards available for adoption or there has been permanent custody to the agency for ongoing case management.
Location and hours:
Currently, this position is working remotely due to COVID-19. This position will require travel throughout various cities in Hennepin County. Work hours are flexible and are primarily days, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
About the position type:
This position is a full-time, benefit-earning position.
In these positions, you will:
- Case management services for 18-20 children and youth ages 0 to 18 regarding their well-being, safety, and permanency.
- Ensure the children and youth's physical, medical, educational, developmental, cultural, and mental health needs are met while they are in out-of-home placement.
- Coordinate services to meet their needs and monthly face-to-face visitations with and children and adolescent and their foster parent(s).
- Collaborate and communicate with social workers, relative, kin, and non-relative foster parents, the Guardian ad Litem, medical, chemical, behavioral health, and educational professionals.
- Document cases, social and medical histories, out-of-home placement and independent living plans, court documents, attend court, and communicate with collaterals both internally and externally.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Master's degree or higher in social work or closely related field with course work emphasis in areas such as social work methods, human growth and behavior, and principles or social welfare.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, sociology, or human services, and at least 27 quarter credits of graduate work in the above areas, and three years or more of full-time supervised experience as a social worker.
- Licensed as a Graduate Social Worker by the Minnesota Board of Social Work.
- A valid driver's license and daily access to reliable transportation to travel throughout Hennepin County.
Nice to have:
- In child welfare.
- Working with individuals with mental health needs.
- Working with children and youth.
- With case management.
About the department:
Human Services delivers a variety of services to individuals or families that assist with basic needs or encourage client change around specific objectives. We work with individuals as well as systems and communities in order to develop policy and advocate for the people we serve. The people we serve and our communities are connected. By helping one, we help the other.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as a Senior Social Worker.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.