Case Management Assistant (Somali Bilingual)
OPENING DATE: 04/29/21
CLOSING DATE: 05/06/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Minneapolis and surrounding suburbs, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Human Services and Public Health
The Hennepin County Office of Multi-Cultural Services is seeking a bilingual candidate fluent in Somali and English to join our team. As part of the Office of Multicultural Services, you will be part of a diverse team where 32 languages are spoken. This office connects immigrants and refugees to resources and services offered by the county and our community partners. The Case Management Assistant position will conduct outreach and provide case management to members of the Somali community residing in Hennepin County.
Learn more about the work of the Office of Multicultural Services: https://youtu.be/2kDyUTf7X_Y
Location and hours:
This position is based in the South Minneapolis Human Service Center at 2215 East Lake Street Minneapolis, MN 55407. Travel to various locations and conducting client services throughout Hennepin County will be required. This position will work Monday-Friday and will occasionally require work on evenings and weekends.
About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit-earning position.
In this position, you will:
- Visit individuals and families in their homes when necessary to provide services and connect them to available resources.
- Use bilingual skills and abilities to facilitate transactions in the community and county settings.
- Interact with schools, medical personnel, community organizations, and other agencies to obtain information and collaborate; share information with clients and assist them in making appointments.
- Conduct presentations before neighborhood groups to establish communication between community and county departments, present information on programs, benefits, and resources.
- Assist in resolving problems facing communities concerning health and social service issues including completion of forms, gathering verifications to assist in program eligibility determinations, connection to resources, etc.
- Arrange for transportation or transports clients; monitor service plans.
- Maintain accurate records of client and community interactions.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Two years or more of responsible paid social service experience providing direct client service.
- A two-year human services certificate.
- Note: College coursework in the behavioral sciences can be substituted for the required work experience.
- A valid driver's license; ability to use personal vehicle to make field visits to clients' homes and transport clients when needed.
- Bilingual skills, both verbally and in writing, in Somali.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with the Somali community.
- Knowledge of community resources and social services available to serve clients and client interviewing techniques.
About the department:
Human Services delivers a variety of services to individuals or families that assist with basic needs or encourage client change around specific objectives. We work with individuals as well as systems and communities in order to develop policy and advocate for the people we serve. The people we serve and our communities are connected. By helping one, we help the other.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees .
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as a Case Management Assistant.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.