(LHI) Supervisor Tech Support – La Crosse, WI or Remote Nationwide
$1,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates –
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Assist Technology Support Manager with the management of LHI’s desktop support team including planning and management of technical resources. Provide leadership, technical guidance, training and mentoring to desktop support technicians to include day-to-day supervision and support of the team. Manage staffing levels to ensure an appropriate level of support is provided for all internal and external customers. Troubleshoot with staff and customers and provide phone support for providers at on-site events regarding equipment problems and issues.
Working Schedule: It will be 8:00am -5:00 pm CST Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to either work in office or telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Supervise desktop support personnel, including resource management and planning, hiring, development, training and performance coaching. Provide guidance and support to staff to ensure departmental objectives are achieved
- Complete queue monitoring and determine queue adjustments queue based on volume
- Ensure proper support processes and standard operating procedures are documented and followed to ensure timely resolution of technology issues. (Incident, problem, outage notifications etc.)
- Participate in IT meetings with internal customers and other support staff – sprint reviews, planning sessions with netadmins, business analysts and software development teams. Represent Technology Support in all Change Control Meetings
- Responsible for tracking and routing problems/requests and documenting resolutions. Ensure tickets are picked up by due date
- Responsible for inventory management of over 1200 desktops, laptops, tablets as well as the QA and maintenance of hardware inventory for all computers
- Clone computers using imaging software; create, maintain and QA clone images as appropriate
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Escalate incidents to IT Network Administrators, Business Analysts or Developers when appropriate
- Act as team contact when manager is not available for escalation, meetings, day to day operations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years’ experience in an Information Technology Role (Military or Public)
- 2+ years IT leadership experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to lead and direct others to achieve or exceed individual and organizational goals and objectives
- Working knowledge of Microsoft OS and Office products
- Experience working with a ticketing system and contact center (phone queue) system
- The willingness to work 8:00am -5:00 pm CST Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following the submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas, In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Associate’s Degree in CIS, Networking or related field or higher
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions in stressful and time restrictive situations
- Must have strong customer service skills along with excellent teamwork and leadership skills
- Must demonstrate commitment to solving user problems.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload (for self and others) in a fast paced environment
- Proven project and team leadership skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with event technicians and other IT and non IT groups
- Ability to meet scheduled task requirements within assigned deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred
- Familiarity with Apple products
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here Opens in a new window. Opens in a new window
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.