Consultant Contracts Specialist - Senior or Advanced
Make an impact on Wisconsin's transportation future and join our team as a Contracts Specialist Senior or Advanced!
WisDOT is currently seeking an individual experienced in processing contracts and invoices to work within the Division of Transportation System Development SE Region Consultant Services Unit. This position is headquartered at the SE Region State Office Building at 141 NW Barstow Street which is conveniently located in Downtown Waukesha, WI only minutes from I-94, bus lines and bike routes and has convenient access to a wide variety of local dining, shopping and entertainment including a weekly summer concert series in a nearby community park!
WisDOT is a great place to work! We offer amazing benefits, such as excellent health insurance, ample vacation time, a casual office atmosphere, flexible work schedules, and an exceptional employee assistance program that offers a variety of programs and tools to help promote wellness.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is an organization dedicated to creating transportation solutions through innovation and exceptional service. We are committed to fostering an environment rooted in Integrity, Diversity, Excellence, and Accountability. The WisDOT IDEA continues to drive us forward in our mission to provide leadership in the development and operation of a safe and efficient transportation system. We operate with integrity as we build trust and confidence in all our relationships through honesty, commitment, and the courage to do what is right in all of our efforts. We strive for diversity in creating an environment, including all people and opinions, which cultivates opportunities to bring varied perspectives to the work being done and decisions being made. We believe in leading by excellence by providing quality products and services that exceed our customers’ expectations by being professional and the best in all we do. We are committed to maintaining accountability, both individually and collectively, for the impact of our actions on resources, the people we serve, and each other.
Note: Interviews will be conducted virtually. In efforts to keep our employees safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as to ensure adherence to CDC and local government requirements and business needs, the individual hired into this position may temporarily be permitted or required to work remotely.Position Summary:
This position contributes to the successful development and delivery of the Department's Consultant Services program. Primary duties of the Senior level position include:
• Advising internal and external customers in the development of consultant contracts and solicitations using Masterworks
• Advising internal and external customers in the administration and invoicing of consultant contracts utilizing the Contract & Administration Reporting System (CARS)
• Participating in statewide development, training, documentation and support efforts
• Monitoring and reporting on numerous budgetary line items
• Customer service that requires problem solving with internal and external stakeholders
• Participating in statewide coordination with contract specialist peer group
In addition, the Advanced level position will be responsible for:
• Reviewing and analyzing complex, multi-year, multi-stage contracts, work orders and amendments ensuring compliance with applicable State statutes, federal policies and departmental procedures.
Prior to any appointment(s) filled from this announcement, candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, which may include FBI fingerprinting.
WisDOT does not sponsor work visas. Any appointment made will be contingent upon the applicant being able to provide valid status to work in the United States without employer sponsorship.
A qualified candidate at the Senior level will have training or experience in all of the following:
• Reviewing and/or managing contracts and/or invoices (i.e. reviewing contracts/invoices, applying contract provisions, ensuring conformance to contract/invoice requirements, etc.)
• Performing financial related duties and/or analyzing financial data (i.e. purchasing, accounting, finance, financial data collection, creating financial reports, accounts reconciliation, accounts payable, budgeting, etc.)
• Providing customer service by interpreting technical documents for stakeholders
A qualified candidate at the Advanced level will have training or experience in all of the following:
• Auditing invoices for accuracy and validity ensuring compliance with applicable State statutes, federal policies and/or procedures.
• Reviewing and/or analyzing complex multi-year and/or multistage contracts
• Reviewing contracts/invoices specific to the transportation and/or construction industries
• Training or guiding other staff on process and/or program administration