General Repair Worker
The Minnesota Veterans Home - Minneapolis is looking for a full-time General Repair Worker. The position will perform semi-skilled jobs in a variety of trade areas. This position will be responsible to replace parts, repair buildings, equipment and miscellaneous articles. Work is done in accordance with established procedures, and frequent and detailed instructions are given on new or complex work.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume/application clearly describes your experience in the areas listed below, and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held. Only applicants whose resumes clearly demonstrate fulfillment of each of these minimum qualifications will be considered for this position.
- General methods and practices of a variety of trade areas (e.g. mechanics, masonry, welding, electrical, plumbing and carpentry) sufficient to assist licensed trades workers and repair machinery, tools and facilities in a timely and safe manner
- Occupational hazards and safety measures related to trades work sufficient to safely and efficiently perform the job duties
- Safely use hand and power hand tools Safely operate and maintain trucks, tractors, and other grounds and maintenance equipment
- Follow instructions Provide work instructions to unskilled helpers
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- A Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) background check will be conducted on finalists for this position. Finalists must pass the DHS background check.
- Finalists may be required to pass a job-related pre-employment physical assessment.
- A Tuberculosis (Mantoux) screening (or chest x-ray) is required prior to employment
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.