Accounts Payable Principal Office Specialist
OPENING DATE: 04/01/21
CLOSING DATE: 04/08/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: NorthPoint Health & Wellness
NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center is hiring an Accounts Payable Principal Office Specialist to join our team. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in diverse communities, build upon your existing accounts payable skills in a fast-paced environment, and be a part of a department with the mission to strengthen communities by improving the health of individuals and families.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center at 1313 Penn Avenue North, Minneapolis MN 55411. Work hours will be Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with flexibility in hours. This position requires on-site presence at our office location.
About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
In this position, you will:
- Process invoices received from vendors on PeopleSoft (APEX).
- Audit travel advances and employee reimbursements.
- Prepare daily cash deposits and balance cash drawers.
- Maintain an accurate file of paid invoices.
- Respond to check request inquiries from vendors and employees.
- Act as primary purchasing card contact for the department.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Three years or more of office clerical experience.
- Three years or more of post-high school education.
- 30 months or more of office clerical experience and completion of the Office Specialist Pathway Training program or Healthcare Clerical Pathway Training program.
Nice to have:
- Experience with all phases of accounts payable processes.
- Ability to apply judgment and exercise a critical approach in interpreting and applying procedures.
- Ability in interpretation and application of federal, state, county, and departmental policies.
- Skill in the use of necessary business machines.
- Computer skills including general accounting mainframe software PeopleSoft (APEX), MSExcel, MSWord, and Adobe.
About the department:
NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center sets a standard of excellence in providing culturally responsive, integrated, holistic primary health and social services that strengthens our community and the lives of the people we serve. We are leaders and partners in a shared vision of a healthy, environmentally safe, and economically stable, self-reliant community.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an Office Specialist, Principal.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.