Test Automation Manager – Telecommute
Test Automation Manager who will drive and be part of the test automation practice in the IT organization. This position will serve as a domain expert in defining and rolling out standard Automation Frameworks, processes, best practices and Automation Strategies across OptumServe platforms. The successful candidate will act as a technical lead to design, develop and maintain our Automation testing architecture enabling the Test Engineering team to improve product quality and accelerate release time to market.
If you are located in the Midwest, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Define and implement our test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, frameworks & approaches across projects
- Oversee technological execution of the recommended automation solution roadmap across project teams
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to determine the scope and needs of automation testing
- Provide leadership, guidance, training and mentoring to implement test automation across projects
- Create and conduct training to teach QA testers how to become automated test engineers
- Have a focus on improving the maintainability, increase automated test coverage and decrease test execution times
- Define and publish key performance metrics for the automated testing
- Be research savvy and a subject matter expert of current industry-wide quality & test processes, tools and technologies
- Drive optimizations in various test processes to ensure product quality and keeping cost at a minimum
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience in Automation and Software Testing
- 5+ years of experience in Agile environment and DevOps
- 5+ years of managerial experience leading and mentoring testing teams to complete deliverables
- 5+ years of experience building cross platform, cross tool, open source Test Automation solutions and identifying gaps in the existing process and providing suggestions
- 3+ years of experience maintaining CI/CD pipelines or workflows, version control, test management, and integrating automation frameworks
- Experience in leading automation projects and having worked as a technical architect
- Experience in maintaining standards, methods and tools in the area of Automation Testing
- Experience with back-end API testing
- Experience testing object oriented, distributed, enterprise class, complex applications with multiple windows and web user interfaces
- Working knowledge of MS SQL, SQL query language and SQL Management Studio
- Familiarity of object-oriented programming concepts
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86 (PDF)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or other related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio, the .NET Framework, Team Foundation Server or similar source control programs
- Location in the Midwest region, for ease of travel if needed to headquarters
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86 (PDF), (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.