R&D Technician - 2nd Shift
2nd Shift - 2:00 PM - 10:30PM; Mon-Fri
3-6 month temp to direct. You'll convert to permanent after contract portion.
What are the Position Specific Competencies? Define the skills/competencies necessary to do the job. These should tie directly back to the purpose and outcome.
- Associate degree or Bachelor in a scientific field;
- General lab instrument operations and maintenance experience (ICP-MS, GCMS, LCMS, preferred);
- 1-2 years of related experience or training preferred;
- Basic computer knowledge, including MS office.
- Knowledge of proper safe handling/disposal of chemicals and ability to maintain a clean and safe workspace;
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced dynamic and collaborative working environment;
- Detail orientated, able to record/analyze quantitative data and make qualitative observations where required.
Your success will be measured by:
Success for the role is not defined solely on the outcome of a project but rather a combination of the results and how these results were achieved. Describe the PACE value competencies that are required.
- Tests and analyzes R&D samples, new products, and in-process samples when needed and in timely manner;
- Uses proper controls for analytical instrumentation, validates and verifies data and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Strong independent operation skills and ability to complete lab work safely
- Ability to learn and become proficient at several analytical techniques.