Senior Psychiatric Social Worker
OPENING DATE: 02/18/21
CLOSING DATE: 02/24/21 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Limited Duration: Regular Sched (FT with benefits)
LOCATION: 1313 Penn Avenue North, Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: NorthPoint Health & Wellness
The NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center is seeking a Senior Psychiatric Social Worker to provide mental health services in an outpatient clinic setting. Services provided include completion of diagnostic assessments, treatment plans, and ongoing individual/family/group therapies. As a Senior Psychiatric Social Worker, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in diverse communities and enhance your clinical skills in a fast-paced, team environment. The mission of NorthPoint is to partner with the community to create healthier individuals and families.
Location and hours:
This position is currently primarily remote due to the Covid-19 pandemic though there may be times when the staff member will be required to work on-site. The expectation is that all staff will eventually return to work on-site at NorthPoint's main clinic site at 1313 Penn Avenue North in Minneapolis, MN. Work on-site is performed in a behavioral health clinic environment that is embedded within a larger, integrated community health center. The clinic is open and work hours will fall between 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. There is free on-site parking available at the clinic parking ramp.
About the position type:
This is a limited duration (temporary) full-time, benefit earning position expected to last up to two years with the possibility of extension.
In this position, you will:
- Conduct clinical interviews with patients to determine level of functioning and to diagnose mental and emotional disorders, providing crisis intervention as needed.
- Prepare diagnostic assessment reports, which include presenting problems, psychosocial and health history, psychiatric diagnosis, and treatment plan.
- Provide direct clinical services to adults and/or children with mental illness, including individual, couple/family, and group psychotherapy.
- Complete timely documentation of mental health services provided as necessary to meet MN DHS Rule 29 requirements and to bill for services using the Epic electronic health records system.
- Participate in weekly multidisciplinary staff case consultations with psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health providers.
- Confer and consult with personnel in community social service, mental health, educational, and other human services systems.
- Work as a member of a multidisciplinary, integrated care team consisting of medical, dental, behavioral health, and other ancillary care providers, providing both internal and external referrals for patients.
Need to have:
- Master's degree or higher in social work or closely related field and two or more years of post-master's degree experience providing direct mental health services.
- Must qualify as a Mental Health Professional as defined by the Minnesota Mental Health Act.
- Ability to view a computer screen for up to 7 1/2 hours daily and to perform occasional lifting.
Nice to have:
- Providing outpatient therapy to a diverse and complex patient population.
- Providing trauma-focused interventions.
- Utilizing the electronic health record system, Epic.
- Utilizing computers and Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of county and community resources.
- Ability to:
- Function effectively with minimal supervision independently or in multi-disciplinary work teams.
- Obtain information by direct or collateral research.
- Work independently, analyze problems presented, and develop and carry out effective courses of action.
- Good time management skills.
About the department:
NorthPoint Health & Wellness Center sets a standard of excellence in providing culturally responsive, integrated, holistic primary health and social services that strengthens our community and the lives of the people we serve. We are leaders and partners in a shared vision of a healthy, environmentally safe, and economically stable, self-reliant community.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as a Social Worker, Senior Psychiatric.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.