Senior Research Analyst 43928
This position oversees and coordinates Explore Minnesota Tourism’s (EMT) research activities; provides analytic expertise to promote the growth and development of Minnesota’s tourism industry; identifies, develops and oversees the use of data tools and procedures for measuring Minnesota’s tourism industry and EMT programs; and provides research consultation services for other EMT staff and Minnesota’s tourism industry.
1. Support strategic planning, marketing and communications activities of EMT with analytic and technical expertise to assess and develop tourism projects and programs.
2. Initiate, conduct and manage research to identify and assess key economic, demographic and travel indicator data as they relate to policy and strategy development.
3. Identify measures, or design and conduct research to provide measures useful in the evaluation of EMT programs and activities
4. Provide analytical expertise to EMT’s Director and managers. Support staff with responses to internal and external inquiries about tourism research.
5. Assist Director and management in developing and measuring overall office goals and objectives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, Statistics, Tourism, or a related field.
- Four (4) years of experience in market research and / or primary consumer research and analysis and/or experience in socio-economic research, trend analysis and interpretation.
- Skills in statistical/mathematical methodology
- Effective written and oral communications, including preparation of and development of comprehensive research reports, studies and briefing materials.
- Experience working for a Destination Marketing Organization (DMO)/Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) or for a firm providing research services to DMOs/CVB
- Experience measuring the effectiveness of marketing.
- A Master’s degree in one of the areas listed above
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects, consultant contracts and providing guidance to others.
- Spreadsheet and database development, and manipulation skills.