Training and Development Specialist
We are pleased to announce that the Business Process and Education (BPE) Unit within the Court Services Division of the State Court Administrator’s Office is looking for an experienced Training and Development Specialist. This professional position is responsible for developing and delivering training and education programs to judicial officers, judicial staff, district and court administration staff, and justice partners statewide.
The BPE Unit is looking for a highly motivated and skilled individual who has a passion for teaching adults and creating innovative blended learning opportunities. The successful candidate will have knowledge about curriculum design, strong technical skills (such as experience with Microsoft and Adobe products), and court operations knowledge.
The position will work normal business hours, Monday-Friday. The person in this position will work predominantly in a remote work location at this time, eventually working in an office setting at the Minnesota Judicial Center in St. Paul, MN, when more frequent in-person work resumes. The position may require occasional statewide travel. The Minnesota Judicial Branch offers a comprehensive benefits package. To learn more about benefits, click here.
Example of Duties
Primary job duties this position is expected to perform:
- Develop and deliver training on a variety of topics, including computer systems and applications, court business processes, and Microsoft Office products in support of Branch-wide initiatives.
- Contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of training curricula and education by assessing training needs and defining learning objectives.
- Design, create, and maintain training materials, such as written documentation and eLearning modules, and other resource documentation.
- Work collaboratively with project teams and subject matter experts to ensure successful implementation of projects. This includes attending meetings, providing training development subject matter expertise, providing guidance, feedback, and support to learners in advance of and after training events, and reporting and tracking progress.
- Ensure learner needs are met by providing input and making recommendations from a user-centered design perspective.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships to support the training and development process, including negotiating needs and deliverables, and providing advice and direction on projects.
Any combination of education, training, and work experience that indicates possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and qualifications listed below will be considered.
- BA/BS in adult education, instructional design, educational technology, or related field.
- Minimum of 2-3 years professional-level experience in the learning and training development field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with curriculum design techniques for adult learners.
- Strong leadership and task-management skills.
- Ability to be proactive and exercise independent judgment.
- Dedicated to customer-focused and user-centered training approach.
- Ability to identify and meet multiple learner needs through the design, organization, delivery, and evaluation of training and education programs.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in an evolving and collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas in both business-friendly and user-friendly language, utilizing plain language principles when appropriate.
- Approachable and able to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to be agile, flexible, and manage competing priorities, demands, and deadlines.
- Experience with creating eLearning modules and curricula, blended learning programs, and virtual instructor-led training.
- Understanding of micro-learning concepts and design to support a fast-paced workforce.
- High level of comfort working with draft materials and making frequent content updates.
- Knowledge of change management principles and how they apply to training and development.
- Familiarity with the Minnesota court system, including court processes and procedures.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities, including the ability to understand and integrate new ideas and concepts quickly.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch (MJB) is committed to providing fair and equal access to justice. If you share this same commitment, desire a meaningful career serving the public, and want the opportunity to make a difference for your community, consider a career with us. We celebrate and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and actively seek and encourage applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and characteristics. Minnesota Judicial Branch employees consistently express pride in their public service and in the quality of programs and services provided to customers, as well as appreciation for the teamwork and collaboration that is promoted within the MJB.
SALARY RANGE: $25.72-$39.83 per hour ($53,703-$83,165 annually). Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.mncourts.gov. Please attach a resume and cover letter to your application. If you have questions please call 651-284-3863. Complete and submit your online application with resume and cover letter attached by February 24, 2021, at 11:59 pm. Employment offers may be rescinded if the required criminal background check identifies job related convictions.
INTERVIEWS: Interviews are tentatively scheduled for Thursday, March 11, 2020, and/or Friday, March 12, 2020.
It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding employment are made without discrimination on the basis of disability. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability to participate in the employee selection process by contacting HR, email@example.com.
Minnesota Judicial Branch
Human Resources, Rm. G-08
25 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
St. Paul, MN 55155
The Minnesota Judicial Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment be made without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age. We value and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.