Build Release Engineer – Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Build Release Engineer will architect, develop, maintain and streamline LHI’s automated build and release infrastructure and deployment pipeline from code compilation, automated testing to deploying releases to multiple environments. The Build Release Engineer will work closely with Network Administration, IT Operations, Enterprise Monitoring, DBA, Software Development, QA and BA teams to integrate new deployment processes and strategies to build and improve LHI’s continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Setup, install, configure and maintain build infrastructure
- Create and maintain build and deployment scripts
- Maintain source control branches and perform integrations with merge conflicts
- Perform periodic builds and deployments to production environment
- Perform manual code merges and deploy partial releases and patches
- Work with other IT teams to review pre-release checklists and coordinate activities to be performed prior to, during and post releases by others
- Work with other IT teams to perform troubleshooting and resolution of build and deployment issues in sprint and during releases related to deployment targets, databases, certificates, permissions, firewall changes, IIS configurations and any other system and network dependencies
- Work with Development teams and participate in troubleshooting high priority application related issues after releases
- Configure and maintain application settings and credentials
- Perform administration of Team Foundation Server including regular maintenance, user management and security
- Design and implement policies for managing source code within TFS and Git, including branching, merging and tagging policies to support frequent releases, concurrent development, and partial fixes
- Create and maintain documentation of the build and release processes
- Develop metrics and reporting for build and release tasks
- Investigate, evaluate, propose and implement new tools or processes to improve the reliability, stability and efficiency of the build and deployment pipelines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or applicable years of work experience
- 2+ years of experience in development using VB.Net, C#, .Net Framework or .Net Core technologies
- Demonstrable ability in PowerShell script creation and automation
- 2+ years in source control management including TFVC and Git
- 2+ years of experience configuring CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to triage issues in .Net, SQL, Scripts, Powershell, Windows, deployment unit testing
- Experience supporting 24×7, high availability application environments that include web, application and database servers and load balancing systems
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft SQL server and relational databases
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile practices
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast pace, large scale Agile/Scrum development environment
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Experience with CI using tools such as TFS build for MSBuild, XAML, Task Agent and Pools
- Experience with hosting .NET applications, Windows and Web Forms, Web Services, Restful APIs
- Experience with deployment tools such as Octopus and Azure deployment pipelines
- Experience with automated configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Experience working with runtime containers and container management platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes, DockerSwarm
- Knowledge of deployment patterns including Blue-green, Rolling, and Multi-tenant
- Ability to improve on existing processes using Agile DevOps oriented approach to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of deployments
- Track record of learning new tools and technologies
- Detail and results-oriented, able to prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated, passionate, team-player
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.