Sr. Software Cloud Engineer – Telecommute
The Sr. Software Cloud Engineer will design, develop and maintain front end solutions and web services for LHI software applications, components and controls using HTML/JS/CSS/.NET technologies based on requirements and specifications to support LHI's business operations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participates in maintenance and support of LHI's software applications by assisting User Experience Designers, UX/UI Designers, Architects and Software Developers/Engineers in troubleshooting and resolving software problems
- Utilizes complex front end development methodology to support meeting customer expectations, resulting in delivery of a timely and high quality product
- Collaborates closely with Business Analysts on developing requirements and may assist with estimating
- Studies and researches trends and new/improving/changing technologies regarding front end development, programming standards, application architecture, business processes, and functional areas
- Adapts to new programming languages, methodologies, platforms and frameworks to support the needs of LHI’s software projects
- Ensure the team adhere to Agile software development methodology
- Mentor junior developers on the team with programming standards
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge transfers
- Evaluate, research, recommend and implement new software methodologies, architectural and functional software improvements.
- Participate in requirements and software design meetings with internal and external customers, business analysts, other team leads and development manager
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) (preferably Terraform)
- Understanding of High Availability zero downtime deployment architectures
- Experience developing Docker
- Experience building micro services and knowledge of micro service patterns
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with development life-cycle
- Minimum 2 year development experience with .NET technologies and SQL Server
- Expert knowledge with Web APIs and (REST) based communication Experience
- Experience with Git, Team Foundation Server or similar source control programs
- Strong knowledge of Visual Studio and VB.NET, SQL Server and relational database modeling concepts, .NET Framework, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, Object Oriented programming concepts, Windows and Web forms
- Strong knowledge of SQL Management Studio, Team Foundation Server or similar source control programs
- Ability to perform assigned software development tasks using established standards and procedures with minimal supervision
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86 (PDF)
- Relevant Microsoft Certifications
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Experience converting .Net Full Framework Applications to .Net Core (P)
- Experience with Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Experience with orchestrate Kubernetes clusters and all of its internal components and applications running on them
- Experience with automate cluster orchestration to support rapidly growing business needs
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group's contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86 (PDF), (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer, and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Optum, a part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, continues to evolve and make a bigger impact through its extensive expertise in combining technology, data and people to create novel health care solutions and services across the globe. OptumServe is following suit by creating and delivering care that meets the health needs of active duty service members, veterans and their families. We're partnering with federal and state government agencies to meet the readiness and health needs of active duty military members and veterans by providing preventive health screenings and assessments to ensure that troops are ready to answer the call of duty. For those who want to intensify their impact in a career that brings together challenge, learning and growth, OptumServe is the right place to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.