LHI Computer Technician I – La Crosse, WI
The Computer Technician I is responsible for testing, repairing, and providing regular maintenance support on laptops, tablets and computers. They will be responsible for completing Service Desk tasks as assigned, provide technical support for LHI’s group events, educate end-users on how to resolve various hardware and software problems and provide appropriate resolution. Additionally, individuals in this role will manage accurate inventory of technical equipment and prepare equipment for proper shipping, moves and installations as necessary. Support additional technical needs with audio and dental equipment.
- Responsible for the management of technical equipment including patches and cloning laptops and repairing equipment
- Troubleshoot and provide phone support for internal and external customers regarding equipment problems and issues; may provide support at night and on weekends within a rotation schedule
- Act as front end support for incoming issues, and gather accurate data related to the incidents reported by end users. Test the given information for validity and accuracy. Direct the issues to appropriate parties for resolution
- Provide on-site, fulltime technical support at LHI’s Distribution Operations Center and additional bandwidth support to the Helpdesk team with inventory maintenance, hardware and software support, workstation and peripheral equipment moves and installations, and end-user support
- You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Working Schedule: This is a full-time position that supports 24/7 coverage; the work schedule will be 1st shift and include at least one weekend day per week.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate degree in an IT related field (Network Specialist, Computer Support Tech or other related field) or equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- 6 months work experience in a computer technician or desktop support environment repairing/replacing computer hardware such as laptop screens, RAM, hard drives, etc
- Experience with Windows based computer systems, technical knowledge of hardware, software and peripheral
- Ability to provide on-call phone support at night and on weekends within a rotation schedule
- Ability to work while standing for extended periods of time
- Capable of lifting up to 35lbs frequently (34-66% of the time)
- Physical ability to bend, reach, twist, package and transport (shift/roll/push/pull) multi-sized packages or equipment hard-cases that range from 10 – 35lbs frequently and 50+lbs occasionally to rarely with assistance.
- Ability and willingness to work 8:00 to 5:00 Tuesday to Saturday.
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following the submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adhere to procedures and maintain accurate detailed record
- Must demonstrate commitment to solving user problems
- Ability to take responsibility for assigned tasks and prioritize workload in a fast paced environment
- Mechanical aptitude and knowledge to troubleshoot physical computer issues
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities: click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.