Apprentice Residential Gas and Water Meter Technician - Superior Water Light & Power
This applicant pool may be used to fill additional openings within 90 days of the posting close date.
- Maintain safe operation and efficiency of customer and Company equipment.
- Completes PSC regulated gas work such as: gas leak surveys, hazard surveys gas piping corrosion checks, etc.
- Ensure customer and employee safety by meeting all standards required by regulations.
- Handle system troubleshooting on company meters (gas and water), regulators and distribution piping.
- Performs safety checks and repair work on customer gas piping and gas heating equipment.
- Investigates gas and water leaks on system mains, services and related equipment, as well as on customer premises.
- Sets and removes gas and water meters and associated equipment.
- Tests gas and water meters and associated equipment to ensure billing accuracy.
- Navigate computer based GIS mapping tools, MS Office, Email, and work management software.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- A two-year associate’s degree in HVAC or Gas Utility and Service Program Certification is strongly desired.
- Two years or more of job related experience in machinery, electronics or HVAC work is required.
- Once hired, Residential Gas & Heat Technicians must successfully complete a state apprenticeship program.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license
- This position may require employee to have a DOT Physical Examination and obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate. Position does NOT require a CDL.
- This position is subject to call-out, standby and residency requirement of being 40 minutes from the reporting center.
- This position may be subject to assessment of skills, job match and/or aptitude.
Employer will not sponsor Visas for position.
External applicants must apply online via www.allete.com/careers.
ALLETE is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact our Human Resources department at 218-723-7553.
ALLETE will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, arrest or conviction record, membership in the armed forces, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older.
ALLETE will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and operate the apprenticeship program as required under 29 CFR part 30 and the equal employment opportunity rules of the state of Wisconsin.