Rehabilitation Counselor Supervisor 43411
This position is responsible for planning, directing, controlling and analyzing the entire scope of comprehensive vocational rehabilitation service delivery so that persons with a disability within the service territory receive vocational rehabilitation services to reach their goals to work and live in the community.
Travel is required.
1. Provide clinical and administrative supervision to ensure that participants are provided quality vocational rehabilitation services, in compliance with the state and federal law, consistent with department policies, procedures, and goals so that the casework function is in full compliance.
2. Manage and direct the personnel functions of the field office so that all positions are utilized, that staff perform their duties effectively, and all applicable labor agreements and plans are accurately administered.
3. Provide team leadership and supervision so the work environment is healthy, cohesive and productive; staff understands their role on the team; commitment and innovation are increased; and morale is enhanced.
4. To develop and maintain effective collaborative partnerships which promote customer service, enhances healthy participant relations, and assures all necessary coordination of services between Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS) and other community agencies.
5. Develop strategic plans, service delivery initiatives and provide leadership so that agency goals and initiatives are understood and provided consistently across the state.
6. Plan and manage the field office case service and non-personnel (NPS) expenditures so that available funds are administered in a productive, cost-effective way for the optimal provision of vocational rehabilitation services to persons with disabilities.
7. Manage, direct and administer the overall physical and logistical operation of VRS Field Offices so that services provided are in accordance with the Minnesota DEED/VRS mission, consistent with agency service provision goals, and in conformance with the state and federal plan.
8. Adhere to ethical standards per VRS policy and procedure manual and participate in professional growth activities, training, and leadership development.
To qualify for consideration, you must have two years of advanced professional rehabilitation counseling, rehabilitation program administration, or rehabilitation supervisory experience (e.g., Rehabilitation Counselor Career, Rehabilitation Program Specialist, or Rehabilitation Counseling Supervisor with the State of Minnesota) or equivalent experience in a private or another governmental agency;
Must have a Master's degree in Rehabilitation Counseling or a closely-related field (if degree is in a related field, must have graduate-level coursework in theories and techniques of counseling).
Excellent human relations skills are required to build cooperative working relationships with staff, the VR participant and all partners throughout the vocational rehabilitation process.
IN ADDITION, if you meet the above requirements, briefly DESCRIBE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS for the areas listed below (Add this information to the end of your resume or email it to email@example.com )
1. Team building, problem-solving, communicating, and contributing to promotion of a healthy work environment.
2. Managing human resources by performing primary or backup supervisory functions, ongoing leadwork, or coaching and directing the work of student interns.
3. Managing the physical and logistical operations of a field operations office or program unit.
4. Developing and administering a rehabilitation caseload, team, or project budget. Specify program area(s).
5. Consulting and providing technical assistance to community providers of rehabilitation services, developing an effective public relations function, and promoting effective customer service.
6. Managing the provision of quality vocational rehabilitation casework in compliance with state and federal law.
7. Managing, planning, and adapting the local vocational rehabilitation delivery system so agency goals and special initiatives are implemented.
8. Integrating services in a CareerForce Center.
9. Integrating business customer needs with job seeker needs.