The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) has an opening for an Executive Assistant to support the Hospital Administrator at the Anoka Metro Regional Treatment Center (AMRTC). Located just 15 minutes north of the Twin Cities, AMRTC is an inpatient psychiatric hospital serving adults with mental illness in a large, campus-based setting.
As the Executive Assistant, you will provide a wide variety of administrative, clerical, and operational support services that have a facility-wide impact, including policy, personnel, legal, and budget issues. This position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a complex, fast-paced environment subject to rapidly changing priorities and critical deadlines.
This is a demanding and highly visible role, requiring interaction with stakeholders from all levels of DHS, as well as government entities, legislators, patients, family members of patients, the general public, and others. Much of this work is confidential in nature, so the Executive Assistant must be able to handle and communicate sensitive information appropriately, according to applicable guidelines, laws, and policies.
- Manage the daily operations, work and information flow, communications and schedule of the Hospital Administrator.
- Maintain calendars, coordinate meetings and logistics, prepare agendas and other necessary materials, and compose meeting minutes.
- Manage the flow of reports, legislative documents, communications, records, and transactions moving through the Hospital Administrator’s Office, and respond appropriately to time-sensitive materials.
- Serve as public relations liaison on behalf of the Hospital Administrator’s Office, as well as confidential communication link between the senior managers and personnel within AMRTC and DHS.
- Develop and implement workflow processes, procedures, and accountability checks.
- Perform data entry and generate reports, plus assist in the development and maintenance of tracking information used in reporting and decision-making processes.
To qualify, you must have at least three (3) years of experience performing administrative functions, including at least one (1) year of experience supporting an executive or other senior-level manager. Experience should include responsibilities such as:
- Maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, and managing logistics.
- Independent word processing of complex correspondence, documents, and reports.
- Providing advanced customer service to internal and external clientele.
In addition, you must have:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and SharePoint).
- Customer service skills sufficient to provide clear, concise, courteous, prompt, and effective service in person and via email, multi-line phone, or video conference.
- Data entry skills sufficient to locate, update, and retrieve information in databases, including generate reports.
- Database management skills sufficient to assist in the development and maintenance of databases for tracking information used in reporting and decision making processes.
- English language skills (writing, speaking, and reading) sufficient to communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, and the general public.
- Word processing skills sufficient to independently develop, format, and modify a variety of complex correspondence, documents, records, reports, and forms, using proper business English, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Experience providing clerical or office support in a healthcare setting, such as hospital, clinic, or nursing home.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission regulations, data privacy laws, and Minnesota statutes.
- Knowledge of quality assurance, continuous improvement, and utilization management processes.