Educational Assistant (multiple positions)
Effective immediately, Human Resources is accepting applications for the temporary position of Educational Assistant at our elementary buildings (Kaposia Education Center and Lincoln Center). This position begins February 1 through June 10, 2021. The position works 6.5 hours per day, plus .5 hour duty-free lunch, Monday-Friday, school days only.
Assist in providing instruction support to students under the direction of the classroom teacher.
- Provide instructional support to students in the classroom individually or in small groups.
- Assist with implementing identified curriculum, planning and leading assigned activities.
- Assist with behavioral support and classroom management.
- Assist with implementing classroom procedures and practices to provide an engaged, positive learning environment for all.
- Develop and maintain positive rapport, communication and interaction with staff and students.
- Provide positive behavior guidance and support to all children.
- Maintain a high level of fairness, respect and equity for all students, staff and families.
- Maintain confidentiality and follow data privacy rules and regulations related to students and staff.
- Respond appropriately to emergency or crisis situations.
- Remain flexible to assume duties as assigned.
- Adhere to district procedures and policies.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with children, preferably in a school setting.
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal and communication with children, parents and staff.
- Effective interaction skills with diverse families and children.
- Experience using positive discipline techniques.
- Strong organization skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of child development, behavior management skills, plus strong
- child interaction skills to promote learning.
- Ability to understand and follow data privacy rules and regulations related to staff, students and families.
- Knowledge of and ability to follow health and safety procedures.
- Ability to follow directions, remain flexible to best meet classroom needs and function as a team member.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email, internet navigation and Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrated prompt, regular and reliable attendance.