Controller Opportunity at Family Health Center of Kalamazoo
FAMILY HEALTH CENTER:
If you have a passion for serving and are looking for the right place to build your career, Family Health Center is the place for you! WE SERVE. WE GROW. WE ACHIEVE.
The Controller at Family Health Center is responsible for the direct management of all accounting and financial functions. As a key member of the finance team, the Controller, in partnership with the Director of Finance, is responsible for supervising the people and processes associated with accounting personnel. The successful candidate is customer service oriented, highly organized, works well under pressure, and a forward-looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages daily activities related to all functions pertinent to the Finance department to include financial records and reports, capital and operating budget, cash management, grants management, payroll, accounts payable, contracts, and audit fieldwork & tax preparation with auditors.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Monitors and confirms financial needs by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Develops and maintains documented policies and procedures to support proper internal controls adequately.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in staff through education, training, and positive enforcement of appropriate working practices.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings, retreats, and community events.
- Undertake special projects as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), local statutory differences, and tax impacts of both
- Proven experience in financial statement preparation and analysis, financial analysis, accounting experience, work with external auditors, accounts receivable and payable, financial modeling, cash/treasury management, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Experience budgeting, forecasting, and preparing necessary documents for the program, fundraising, and grant submissions
- Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so people of all levels can understand.
- Knowledge of the principles of financial management sufficient to direct accounting staff and coordinate all aspects involved with the fiscal requirements of the Center
- Ability to meet performance goals set for the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, or related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of five (5) years of direct fiscal management experience; or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Certification such as CMA/CFM or CPA designation
- Experience/exposure to healthcare, community health center, and/or non-profits organizations
- Experience with EPIC or other electronic health record systems
Family Health Center has the right to modify the job description’s duties and functions based on the organization’s needs.