Yamaha Music Classes/Piano Teacher
Children's Yamaha Music School is currently accepting applications for the position of Yamaha Music Classes/Piano Teacher. We have served the Minneapolis and Saint Paul area for over 45 musical years! Long-term commitment and love of teaching young children is a must! School locations in Edina and Roseville, Minnesota.
- Bachelor’s (or Master’s) Degree in Music & multiple years of teaching experience.
- Necessary skills include keyboard performance, keyboard harmony, improvisation, sight singing, accompaniment, transposition, aural skills & knowledge of music theory.
- Must show excellent facilitation & communication skills (verbal & written). Must maintain ongoing communication with administration & school families.
- Have a desire & aptitude for teaching students of all ages & a genuine dedication to teaching beginning musicians. Must be friendly, encouraging, energetic & patient!
- Must be available to teach several weekday afternoons/evenings, &/or Saturdays.
To ensure that Yamaha Music Education System (YMES) teachers have the necessary musical skills to make the Yamaha teaching philosophy a reality in the classroom, the Yamaha Teacher Certification Process includes the Teacher Candidate Exam.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Teacher will teach Yamaha group classes (ages 3-8) & private piano lessons (ages 9+).
- Teaching schedule includes several weekday afternoons/evenings &/or Saturdays.
- Lessons continue year-round, with the exception of three 2-week breaks.
- YMES group teachers will receive extensive training, ongoing development & support.
- Due to the nature of the extensive training, a long-term commitment is a must.
- Teachers help organize two student recitals each year.
- Teachers help facilitate Yamaha preview classes each semester.
- Compensation is highly competitive with other music schools. 401k plan available.
If you are passionate for teaching children music, please send us your resume!
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 to $80.00 /hour