OPENING DATE: 11/16/20
CLOSING DATE: 11/23/20 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Limited Duration: Irregular Schedule (non-benefit)
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Sheriff's Office
The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office (HCSO) is seeking a Public Fingerprint Clerk in the Central Records Unit. This position will fingerprint members of the public for various reasons including adoptions, job applications, identification, or immigration. The Public Fingerprint Clerk will have regular contact with members of the public, and may have limited, indirect (through glass) contact with inmates who are being booked into the Hennepin County jail.
Watch this video about the Fingerprint Clerk role.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Hennepin County Public Safety Facility (PSF) located at 401 South 4th Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55415 in downtown Minneapolis. The primary work schedule for this position will be less than 20 hours per week and include day, afternoon, evening, night, and weekend shifts.
About the position type:
This is a limited duration (temporary), part-time, non-benefit earning position with a duration of up to two years.
In this position, you will:
- Fingerprint members of the public.
- Interact in person, over the telephone, or electronically to assist with requests for information regarding public fingerprinting services and policies.
- Assist records clerks with filing custody and warrant records, taking booking photographs, and other miscellaneous clerical duties.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- One year or more of office clerical experience.
- Six months or more of office clerical experience and completion of the Office Specialist Pathway Training program.
- Six months or more of office clerical experience and completion of the Healthcare Clerical Pathway Training program.
- Note: Education may be substituted for experience on a semester (12 credits) basis.
- Ability and willingness to:
- Work various shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Work within the secure perimeter of the Hennepin County jail.
Nice to have:
- One year or more of fingerprinting experience.
- Providing face-to-face or telephone customer service to diverse clients.
- Using a computer to input, retrieve, and modify information; perform data entry from paper documents and forms into a computer system.
- Knowledge of computer software and skill in using computers and other specialized equipment.
- Ability to:
- Work effectively with the public, Sheriff's Office and county staff in a professional manner.
- Read and follow directions, locate and retrieve materials, and use sound judgment when approaching problems.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
About the department:
The Hennepin County Sheriff's Office serves the county's 1.2 million residents. State law mandates most of the sheriff's office duties, including managing the county jail, providing security to the district court, and patrolling the waterways in the county.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting will be used to fill current and future full-time, part-time, and limited duration vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an Office Specialist I.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based on an assessment of education and experience.