Rehabilitation Therapist (Music, Art or Rec)
The Oregon State Hospital, a division of the Oregon Health Authority, has a fantastic opportunity for a REHABILITATION THERAPIST to join an excellent team working to help people recover from their illness and return to their lives in the community.
What you will do!
You will complete clinical assessments in accordance with the OSH, and professional standards.
You will develop and write Program Plans for each group or treatment service conducted as established by OSH policies.
You will coordinate with the overall clinical Treatment Mall programming goals.
You will participate in ongoing interdisciplinary assessments for patients on caseload.
You will provide rehabilitation services and interventions derived from individualized treatment plans.
You will provide clinical groups within the Treatment Mall.
What's in it for you?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
To qualify for this position, you must meet all requirements listed under one of these areas:
• You must have a Master's degree in Art Therapy, AND
• Be registered as an Art Therapist (ATR-P) by Art Therapy Credentials Board, Inc. or acquire registration within first 6 months;
You must have a Bachelor's degree in Music Therapy, AND
• Be certified as a Music Therapist (MT-BC) by the Certification Board for Music Therapy or acquire certification within first 6 months;
Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
• You must have a Bachelor's degree in Therapeutic Recreation/ Recreational Therapy, AND
• Be certified as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification or acquire certification within first 6 months;
· Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
· Knowledge basic computer skills and a willingness to learn new technologies as they are introduced into the workplace.
· Knowledge specific to carrying out treatment programs based on program plans and select appropriate activities to meet treatment goals and evaluate effectiveness.
· Knowledge specific to providing rehabilitation services and interventions derived from individualized treatment plans.
· Knowledge specific to providing support or leading clinical group.
· Knowledge specific to tracking and reporting patients' progress toward their individual treatment goals.
· Knowledge specific to reassessing patient treatment goals by modifying, adapting, and progressively updating an Interdisciplinary Treatment Plan as an active member of an Interdisciplinary Treatment Team.
· Knowledge specific to developing and writing Program Plans for individual groups or treatment services conducted as established by policies and coordinating these plans with the overall clinical programming goals.
· Knowledge specific to completing clinical assessments in accordance with Art, Music or Recreational Therapy professional standards.
· Ability to Plan, organize and evaluate effectiveness and in relation to program needs and department needs.
· Ability to participate in ongoing interdisciplinary assessments for patients on caseload.
· Ability to adjust schedule as needed to meet clinical, program, and accreditation requirements.
How to apply:
· Complete the online application at orgegonjobs.org using job number REQ-53215 or the link provided on this posting.