Program Assistant III
The position develops and maintains strong professional relationships and works collaboratively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders. Performs a wide range of complex administrative and budgetary duties in support of Music department members. Will provide direction and support to other administrative support staff and student employees.
• Bachelor’s from an accredited institution AND One (1) year budget or accounting experience OR Four (4) years’ experience in a progressive office support position including 2 years budget management responsibilities
• Microsoft Word skills to include the ability to create reports, containing graphs and other intermediate functions (e.g. perform mail merge, insert table of contents)
• Microsoft Excel skills to include the ability to create spreadsheets (e.g., formulas such as V-lookup, graphs, pivot tables)
• Microsoft Outlook skills to include the ability to create calendar invitations and maintain shared calendars
• Ability and disposition to learn new computer programs as they emerge
• Maintain composure in fast paced work environment
• Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities with frequent interruptions
• Demonstrated ability to operate with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
• Demonstrated ability to accurately input data into various systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate intricate job-related processes to internal and external customers
Work experience in higher education and/or arts organizations.
Experience using various software including Concur, EMS, ACE, Blackboard, and Banner.