UTILITY WATER/WASTEWATER WORKER
The City of Shoreview is accepting applications for a Utilities Water/Wastewater Worker in the Utilities Division of the Public Works Department.
· Troubleshoot and maintain water wells, water storage reservoirs, water mains, valves, fire hydrants, pumps, etc.; Monitor and maintain Water Treatment Plant system.
· Troubleshoot and maintain wastewater lift stations, sanitary sewer mains and manholes, generators, pumps, etc.
· Use a SCADA system for monitoring Shoreview’s utility system.
· Repair and test meters.
· Install, maintain and/or repair storm water sewer lines.
· Entry into confined spaces (manholes) and work in high places (water towers).
· Assist with snowplowing in winter including streets, parking lots and sidewalks.
· Perform duties in accordance with appropriate safety and security standards.
· Perform routine safety checks and inspections on vehicles and equipment.
· Maintain accurate work records.
· Perform general labor including frequently lifting and/or moving up to 75 lbs. and occasionally lifting and/or moving more than 100 lbs.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Valid Driver’s License; with ability to obtain MN Class A Commercial Driver's License and tanker endorsement within 1 year of hire (we assist with training and testing).
· 6 months maintenance work experience*
· 6 months experience operating trucks and other light equipment*
· Ability to lift and/or move 75-100 lbs
· Ability to enter confined spaces and work in high places
· The final candidate will be required to take and pass a drug test (see website) and physical exam.
* Vocational or Technical degree in related field may be substituted for experience.
· Vocational/technical graduate with training in water/sewer operations & maintenance experience
· Current Class A or B CDL license
· Class D and/or SD (or better) licenses (needed to advance to Step 4 on pay plan)
· Additional experience in general maintenance
· Experience operating utility maintenance vehicles and equipment
· Experience in water & sewer system maintenance, and SCADA systems
Hours: 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.; subject to call back, unscheduled overtime, shift work and weekend duty
Hiring Wage Range: $26.62 - $27.96 per hour, plus excellent benefits.
(2020 Wage Range: $26.62-$32.37)
To Apply: Go to our website at shoreviewmn.gov/jobs
Deadline: 12 noon, Monday, October 19, 2020
The City of Shoreview is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.