Nurse, Public Health
OPENING DATE: 07/24/20
CLOSING DATE: 08/03/20 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Varies, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Human Services and Public Health
The Long Term Services and Supports Service Area within Health and Human Services has an opening for a Public Health Nurse in Initial Assessments on the Nursing Facility Liaison (NFL) Team. This individual will work on an interdisciplinary team of Public Health Nurses and Social Workers. They will complete Long Term Services and Supports assessments that are person-centered, and strength and needs based. They will utilize the MnCHOICES assessment tool to determine eligibility, level of care and service needs. The team administers Medicaid waiver and state programs that in addition to serving frail seniors, serves individuals with brain injury, mental health, complex medical, developmental, and physical disabilities.
Location and hours:
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, this is currently a work from home position. Once we return to working on-site this position will be located at the Richfield Satellite office at 6625 Lyndale Ave S., Suite 200, Richfield, MN 55423. After passing probation, the location is negotiable. Work hours are flexible, primarily days 8 a.m. -4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and occasional evening hours may be required.
In this position, you will:
- Conduct person-centered comprehensive social/health/medical/psych initial assessments.
- Complete referrals and transfers for service planning and for crisis intervention services.
- Determine applicants' risk of institutional care and their Level of Care according to state and federal criteria.
- Analyze assessed data and assist applicants in identifying relevant goals along with specific supports that will enhance a person's ability to meet goals.
- Coordinate access to Medicaid Waiver programs and Medical Assistant Home Care services.
Need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in nursing from an approved school of nursing and six months or more of full-time equivalent work experience in providing home and community based services.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse issued by the state of Minnesota.
- Certification as a Public Health Nurse in the state of Minnesota.
- A valid driver's license and daily access to reliable transportation to travel primarily within/outside of the metro area to meet with clients in their residential settings and/or perform authorized off-site work duties.
Nice to have:
- One or more years of providing home and community based services.
- Experience with individuals with complex medical needs, serious and persistent mental illness, or developmental delays and the services and networks that serve them.
- Experience providing case management.
About the department:
Human Services delivers a variety of services to individuals or families that assist with basic needs or encourage client change around specific objectives. We work with individuals as well as systems and communities in order to develop policy and advocate for the people we serve. The people we serve and our communities are connected. By helping one, we help the other.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as a Public Health Nurse.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.