Human Services Supervisor II, Family and Children's Services
Present Assignment: Child & Youth Services Unit
Stearns County derives strength from the diversity of its workforce and provides a welcoming environment where all are respected, honored and valued. Human Services is seeking a highly dedicated individual to lead our Child & Youth Services team. This unit provides case management services to families with children experiencing mental health needs and to children/youth who are under state guardianship. In addition, this unit works closely with other divisions and agencies to proactively provide early intervention services to high risk youth. This challenging and rewarding position offers the professional the opportunity to help strengthen our community and make a difference in the lives of children and families in Stearns County.
To provide leadership and supervision of employees while managing Human Services programs and services. This position is responsible for ensuring that business is performed in accordance with policies, procedures, and laws, and providing reports and statistical information regarding human services programs.
These examples do not include all possible responsibilities in this position and do not limit the assignment of related duties to this classification.
1. Supervises, coordinates, and prioritizes unit activities, work flow, and referrals between units in an equitable manner.
2. Participates in the development of client service plans, grant applications, ad hoc reports, and contractual reports to improve program performance.
3. Provides regular and ongoing leadership and coaching to staff; provides guidance on difficult and complex cases.
4. Manages client-related services and ensures quality by participating in client file reviews, case audits, and monitoring staff work to ensure accuracy and completion.
5. Recommends, interprets and carries out program policies and procedures as needed.
6. Assists with the development and implementation of quality assurance programs, coordinates program and services with community resources, and provides education about services as needed.
7. Participates in employee selection, orientation, training, and performance management.
8. Participates in administrative appeal hearings, court hearings, meetings, conferences, and community functions.
9. Monitors the preparation of statistical and narrative program reports.
10. Assures a level of quality and equity in client related services.
11. Assists with coordinating the implementation and utilization of software applications and programs.
12. Assists with developing and monitoring budgets and expenditures.
13. Collaborates with faculty of college programs to plan and implement education intern and student experiences.
14. Attends work regularly and in a timely manner.
15. Performs others duties as assigned or apparent.