Senior Space Planning Specialist
Please note: This is a 6-8 month contract opportunity
Responsible for the efficient and accurate creation and maintenance of space planning diagrams in support of a Global/Regional/local merchandising plan. Supports other space planners with space planning functions. Provides support in the coaching and mentoring of junior team members.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of company purchasing and merchandising processes to effectively support the space planning process.
- Work with purchasing teams to create various iterations of space planning diagrams through the category review process.
- Organize the processes needed for efficient communication and flow of information for category management teams; including but not limited to: Providing information to the category management teams and stores around new item rollouts or discontinuations; Providing order boards and/or tag files as needed for proper implementation of space planning diagrams; Creating printable versions of space planning diagrams for store and/or team use.
- Use all space planning tool functions for creating, maintaining and publishing planograms with Spaceman and support other space planners as needed.
- Actively participate in the development of best practices to improve team efficiencies.
- Actively participate in the coaching, mentoring, and development of new and junior team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3 to 5 years of relevant functional experience
- A self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented work habit
- Basic level skills in Excel, Word, Internet Explorer, SharePoint, and Microsoft Photo Manager
- Planogramming software experience, such as Spaceman, Apollo, etc.
- Excellent communication including written, verbal and listening skills
- Excellent visual and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Intellectual curiosity
- Ability to maintain confidentiality