IT Administrator, Senior
OPENING DATE: 07/24/20
CLOSING DATE: 08/04/20 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Public Works Administration
Public Works Administration is seeking an IT Administrator, Senior with experience in Tier II/III support of critical systems, SQL server, cloud solutions, security concepts and connectivity with the ability to understand the relationship between technology and business processes that result in business-driven solutions.
This position will be aligned with operations support for application management, general IT support and will work closely with other IT professionals and staff in the Public Works business line.
Location and hours:
This work is currently being performed remotely until further notice. After that the primarily location will be at downtown Minneapolis 701 building at 701 Fourth Ave S. Suite 660, Minneapolis, MN 55415. Work hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m and might be required to participate in an after hour on-call rotation for support of critical systems.
Note: There will be a rotation to the Public Works Facility at 1600 Prairie Drive in Medina, MN 55340. There is no public transportation to this facility.
About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
This position is eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $2,224.61 that can be earned annually based on performance.
In this position, you will:
- Provide Tier II/III support to ensure consistent performance for critical systems within Public Works; onboarding, testing, health, maintenance and support of on-prem and vendor hosted systems.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and resolve problems related to application performance, database performance and system configurations.
- Provide insight, expertise, technical vision and leadership for maintenance, trouble-shooting and system upgrades.
- Communicate decisions, priorities, and relevant project and solution information to appropriate levels of staff; effectively communicate with technical and non-technical partners on service requests and other enterprise solutions.
- Research, support, and advance key technologies.
- Mentor other IT Professionals on IT best practices.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science/engineering, or a related information technology field and three years or more of IT administration or IT database administration experience.
- Associate's/vocational/technical degree in an information technology field and five years or more of experience in information technology.
- Seven years or more of information technology experience.
Nice to have:
- Certifications in:
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- In a leading professional level IT certification area (ex: MCSA, MCSE, IBM, CDMP).
- Tier II/Tier III support of critical systems; researching, testing, implementing, onboarding and supporting software and applications.
- SQL server administration and automation tasks with a general knowledge of different database types (MySQL, PostgreSQL), Crystal Reports, SSRS (Reporting Services), SSIS (integration Services), T-SQL, and Batch scripting in SSMS and PowerShell.
- Working on projects that involve system integrations, data migration, and/or application implementation/upgrades.
- Understanding of IT best practices, IT support processes, agile methodologies/frameworks, organizational applications, technology integration, security concepts, virtual and cloud concepts, and data continuity.
- Working in tools such as SharePoint, Power BI, custom forms, and office productivity software like- Microsoft Office.
- Implementing solutions for data driven decision making and automating business process.
- Ability to:
- Communicate effectively through written and in-person presentations.
- Successfully work independently or as part of a project, product or support team.
- Provide end user operational support for systems and applications.
- Organize and plan work effectively; establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Work across organizational boundaries and work with and in diverse teams.
- Facilitate meetings.
About the department:
Public Works creates healthy and livable communities through economic development, environmental stewardship and advancement of a multimodal transportation network. About 450 employees work together on a wide range of programs and projects to achieve our mission.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This position is internally classified as an IT Administrator, Senior.
Candidates must have a right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by an employer.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.