This position purchases supplies, services, material, and equipment for the Idaho State Police (ISP). It is also the contract administrator. This position performs these activities for a wide variety of products and services and does so for ISP as well as the Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST), the Idaho Racing Commission, and the Idaho Brands Office. Some of these products and services include: on-site food service, officer uniforms, forensic lab equipment and supplies (DNA, drug, toxicology, fingerprinting, ballistics and more), patrol vehicles, weapons and ammo, criminal identification equipment, computers, pre-employment physical and psychological examination services, and much more. If you are interested in this vacancy, you must apply under this announcement.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful applicant will be required to complete a background investigation and polygraph examination, which includes drug screening. Please review the ISP Drug Policy and ISP Grooming and Appearance Standards.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Determines product, equipment, service requirements and methods of acquisition
- Oversees the contracts within the department
- Prepares specifications, selects vendors and requests written bids/telephone quotes on purchases within delegated authority
- Reviews and evaluates bids, records, bid information including vendor price, payment terms, and delivery
- Prepares bids and RFP's which may include value analysis, life cycle costing and weighted value procedures for purchases that are processed through Division of Purchasing
- Advises users about product, service availability, specification preparation, policies and procedures and legal requirements established for procurement
- Analyzes quality, price, source of supply, delivery date, shipping charges, product cost, and expenditures
- Provides advice, training, and consultation on methods, procedures, and department requirements
- Prepares correspondence and insures effective public relations
- Attention to detail, great follow up skills, and excellent writing skills will be required
- Create and work within Excel spreadsheets
Please view all job related information online via the posting link. You can also view it online at www.isp.idaho.gov/hr then view employment opportunities on the left-hand side of the page.