L&I Graphic Designer Senior
Our Mission: Keep Washington Safe and Working! Our Values: Customer Focus, One L&I, Respect, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Learning and Growth, Reliability.
Washington is America's Top State according to U.S. News (2019) and we provide one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation. Here at the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I), we believe that your voice matters. We value our employees and offer flexible schedules that respect your work/life balance. In addition, L&I is a diverse state agency dedicated to the safety and health and security of Washington's 3 million workers.
Are you interested in a creative work environment where your skills will make a positive difference for the people of our state? Working for L&I’s Publications and Design Services team you will produce a variety of graphic design and multimedia projects and have the opportunity to leverage any photography or videography talent you may already have.
This position coordinates, from start to finish, communication and public affairs projects with their in-depth knowledge of visual media. We are looking for senior-level experts with demonstrated graphic design production experience. We place a premium on proven project management skills and enthusiasm for building strong professional relationships. This is an opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment alongside other professionals with diverse perspectives. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion within the agency and within our team.
Your role is critical in communication efforts for internal and external audiences. You will work both independently and collaboratively to conceptualize, develop messaging, and carry out production. This position develops information, resources, and strategies to help meet program and division needs. Our goal is to create clear, audience-focused messaging to promote awareness and support for our agency’s services and activities. Common audiences include Washington’s workers, employers, health care communities, partnering organizations, and internal staff.
Some of what you will do:
- Design major agency publications and marketing campaign materials taking into account project and agency goals and objectives, graphic standards, accessibility, intended use, audience, budget, and distribution standards.
- Provide consultation, and advice to agency management, and communication colleagues as an agency expert for graphic design.
- Submit print orders and communicate with vendors ensuring print jobs are produced in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide support for the Director’s All-Staff and other agency broadcasts.
- Update and track customer jobs in our customer database.
Who should apply
Qualified applicants will have both:
- A minimum of two years design school or college-level design training (and)
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in graphic design
Here's what we're looking for:
- Excellent verbal, writing and editing skills.
- Ability to advise agency leadership on effective graphic design, communication, and distribution strategies and tactics.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to evolving software developments.
- Skilled at analyzing complex issues and their impact.
- Collaborative work style.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities, and manage projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-driven, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work on projects with limited supervision.
Consideration will be given to complete applications. In addition to your application, the process requires that you include the following. Please attach while in the on-line application process:
- Letter of interest/cover letter
- Please note: those applicants moved to the next step in the review process will be required to provide a portfolio of their work.
Questions? Contact Georgina Holland at Hogi235@lni.wa.gov
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new hire into L&I, a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
To learn more about L&I, please check out this link to our recruitment video produced by our team!
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above
Jobs advertised as Open Continuous will be closed without notice. Apply quickly!
We're looking for evidence that you have what we're looking for. Your application materials will be used for deciding who'll be selected for interview.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/
Contact us at: Jobs@Lni.wa.gov
L&I strives to attract and retain a high-performing and diverse workforce in which our differences are respected and valued to better meet the needs of the diverse customers we serve. L&I fosters an inclusive environment that promotes safety, collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that all employees can participate and contribute to their full potential.
This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-5700. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer