Administrative Assistant, Senior
OPENING DATE: 05/20/20
CLOSING DATE: 05/27/20 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Human Services and Public Health
The Child Support area of Human Services and Public Health is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant to support and work closely with the child support management team along with other leadership and staff in the service area. Come be part of a collaborative team to achieve the vision that children can count on their parents for the financial, medical, and emotional support they need to be healthy and successful.
Location and hours:
This position is located in downtown Minneapolis at the Family Justice Center, 110 S 4th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55401. Work hours are flexible, primarily days, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4.30 p.m. with some potential after hours meetings when necessary.
About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
In this position, you will:
- Provide routine support to a team of four managers, which includes scheduling meetings, creating agendas, taking minutes, and drafting communications.
- Work closely with management on computer access and related security issues for the entire service area.
- Assist with audits, participate in budgeting, develop queries, produce reports, and track legislation.
- Coordinate execution of genetic testing and service of process contracts.
- Lead projects and committees and serve as point person for procedural topics related to child support.
Need to have:
One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in public administration, business administration, or other field appropriate to the position and four or more years of experience in general administrative work relating to the management of departmental/organizational operations or in a specialty area appropriate to the position.
- Eight or more years of experience in general administrative work relating to the management of departmental/organizational operations or in a specialty area appropriate to the position.
Nice to have:
- Analyzing information and trends, designing and testing solutions to problems, and formulating plans and projections.
- Developing queries for reports and producing reports for performance management.
- Improving processes and procedures to enhance quality.
- Collecting, researching, analyzing, and presenting data.
- Facilitating leadership groups.
- Supervising or managing groups or teams.
- Leading workgroups or teams to create new processes.
- Using project management skills, including managing goals and outcomes to completion.
- Ability to:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing including, but not limited to upper level management.
- Work independently and drive the work, but also show the ability to work within a team atmosphere.
- Build and nurture collaborative relationships with a variety of customers/partners, both internal and external.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Apply problem-solving skills and make data driven recommendations for action.
About the department:
Human Services delivers a variety of services to individuals or families that assist with basic needs or encourage client change around specific objectives. We work with individuals as well as systems and communities in order to develop policy and advocate for the people we serve. The people we serve and our communities are connected. By helping one, we help the other.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an Administrative Assistant, Senior.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.