Elementary School Principal
Jefferson Elementary School Principal
New Ulm Schools is seeking a highly qualified and dedicated individual for the position of elementary principal to provide leadership that promotes optimal educational achievement, student growth, development of staff and makes connections with staff, parents and the community, while meeting building and district goals. Jefferson Elementary School serves approximately 660 students in grades 1-4.
- Minnesota K-12 Principal License
- Five years successful teaching experience
- Prior administrative experience preferred
- Ability and desire to work with various learning communities to develop a clear mission for the school and plan for continuous improvement
- Strong instructional leadership skills with the ability to lead Professional Learning Communities and mine data
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the area of educational leadership, shared decision-making, school improvement strategies and current instructional practices
- Experience with RTI and school-wide intervention programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team builder and collaborative leader
- Strong curriculum background
Start Date: July 20th
Application Deadline: May 28th
To apply as an EXTERNAL applicant:
1. Go to the school website at www.newulm.k12.mn.us
2. Click on the down arrow near District box at the top of the page
3. Under General Info, on the right-hand side, click on the Employment hand side
4. Complete the page with your information, click next and submit.
A resume, credentials, transcripts and a copy of your MN teaching license are required to be attached to your online application.
Please contact New Ulm Public Schools Administrative offices at 507-233-6180.
The school district shall require that applicants for school district positions, who receive an offer of employment, submit to a criminal history background check at an expense to the applicant. All final offers of employment are contingent upon background check results.
The employer reserves the right to make assignments of employees to particular buildings. New Ulm ISD is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or veteran status.
For more information on New Ulm Public Schools and the city of New Ulm, please visit the following resources:
New Ulm Public Schools: www.newulm.k12.mn.us
City of New Ulm: http://www.ci.new-ulm.mn.us
New Ulm Chamber of Commerce: http://www.newulm.com/
Careers in New Ulm video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t32wGisMkWI