Registered Nurse Senior
This is an opportunity to be part of an organization that is committed to our staff, clients and the community. The Minnesota Sex Offender Program serves people who are court ordered to receive sex offender treatment via the civil commitment process. Program staff provide comprehensive services including therapy, education programming, therapeutic recreation, vocational programming and volunteer services, health and wellness to clients in a therapeutic environment where safety and security are at the forefront of all campus activities.
This is a full - time (40 hours/week; 80 hours/pay period) rotating shift position with some weekend and holiday shifts. The hours of work are generally 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Days of work and hours may vary depending on facility needs.
The Registered Nurse Senior provides direct professional nursing care to civilly committed sex offenders at the Moose Lake campus of the Minnesota Sex Offender Program. The Registered Nurse Senior performs experienced, professional nursing care including medication administration, documenting client records, and observing and reporting client behavior. As part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting total client health, the Registered Nurse Senior provides nursing leadership and technical direction when planning and implementing nursing care plans that assist clients in developing independent living and coping skills.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Providing nursing leadership and technical direction to ensure professional nursing care and treatment meets or exceeds applicable standards which includes policies, procedures, protocols, and licensing standards
· Provides nursing intervention and/or delegates specific nursing tasks to appropriate staff and evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing plan and the care provided
· Coordinating with a multi-disciplinary team to assess and diagnose patient needs in order to develop individualized nursing plans which are planned, coordinated and comprehensive
· Coordinating, completing and overseeing nursing components such as client health assessments, shift reports and attending client annual review meetings
To qualify, you must possess
· Current licensure in Minnesota as a Registered Nurse;
· Bachelor’s degree in nursing degree, plus two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse; OR
· Associate’s degree or diploma in nursing, plus three (3) years of experience as a Registered Nurse.
Certification in area of Expertise = 1 year of Registered Nurse experience
· Patient care experience within a mental health or behavioral health setting