Disabled Vets Program Outreach 39092
This is a one year Temporary Unclassified position. To be eligible to apply you must be a veteran as defined in Minnesota Statute §197.447 as follows.
- Conduct training sessions in tribal communities focused on transitioning service members
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with agencies that also serve Native American veterans
- Provide intensive career services to Veterans with significant barriers to employment (SBE) so they can be placed in suitable employment or a training program (apprenticeship) commensurate with their Employment Development Plan (EDP).
- Ensure Veterans are identified upon entry to the CareerForce location and referred to appropriate services
- Conduct outreach activities to identify and make contact with SBE Veterans who would benefit from, or are in need of intensive career services.
- Provide vocational guidance to SBE Veterans and other eligible persons who need assistance with vocational change or adjustment.
If you meet the veteran status qualification above, you will be further evaluated on the following experience and training criteria.
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science, Social Science, Communications, Business, Education, or related area. Associates Degree (AA or AS) or equivalent two years of college may substitute for six months of experience;
- One year of professional experience in career placement, vocational counseling or closely related areas such as Social Services, Business Management, Marketing, Adult Education, or Employee Training.
- Two years of para-professional experience in job placement or reemployment insurance processing, or similar functions. The experience should focus on customer intake processes and/or the matching of customers to jobs
- Knowledge and experience working with Native Americans and Native American organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Science, Social Science, Communications, Business, Education, or related area.
- Case management experience.
- Knowledge of the CareerForce Center system.
- Understand the concept of providing intensive one-to-one employment services