Parking Management Specialist
OPENING DATE: 03/16/20
CLOSING DATE: 03/27/20 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Facility Services
The Facilities Management division is seeking a Parking Management Specialist to oversee the daily parking operations and act as a liaison between Hennepin County and its partners (contractors and vendors.)
This position will carry a cell phone 24/7, provided by Hennepin County, respond to after-hour calls, emergencies, and drive a county vehicle for traveling to the various sites.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Hennepin County Government Center, at 300 S 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours will be Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
About the position:
This position is a full-time, benefit-earning position.
In this position you will:
- Oversee the parking operations in compliance with county policy and procedures.
- Inspect condition of facilities and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with established safety standards, regulations, and codes.
- Collect and maintain parking facility data and direct activities of contract personnel.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings between Hennepin County and outside partners.
- Process invoices for services or commodities, complete monthly financials, including reviewing the invoice and verifying it for contract compliance.
- Provide input and assist in preparing the annual operating budget.
- Read, interpret, and comprehend contracts and provide back up to the facilities call center.
Need to have:
- Three or more full-time equivalent years of experience appropriate to the area of specialization in property management, building maintenance, and contract management.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County driver's permit.
Nice to have:
- Managing parking facilities and daily parking operations.
- Preparing, reviewing, and editing contract specifications.
- Working with an annual operating budget.
- Working in contract management.
- Knowledge of various parking systems.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while carefully following established processes and procedures.
- Advanced skill in a variety of computer applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook; the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues.
- Develop positive interpersonal and professional relationships in a diverse environment, as well as with county personnel, management, contract representatives, and customers.
- Effective communication skills both verbally and written.
About the department:
The Hennepin County Facility Services Department provides a full range of facility services for county programs and services. The department:
- Identifies capital needs, responds to and supports capital projects identified by line departments.
- Develops and manages projects to construct new buildings, refurbish existing buildings, and maintain infrastructure.
- Operates and maintains buildings.
- Protects employees, contacts and property.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
These positions are internally classified as a Property Management Specialist.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.