Safe & Connected™ Coordinator
OPENING DATE: 03/13/20
CLOSING DATE: 03/26/20 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Human Services and Public Health
Internal Services in Hennepin County's Human Services Public Health department is seeking a Safe & Connected™ Coordinator to develop internal strategy and lead implementation across Human Services of the Safe & Connected™ child welfare practice model.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Government Center in downtown Minneapolis at 300 South Sixth Street. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with some potential after hours meetings as necessary.
About the position type:
This position is a full-time, benefit earning position.
In this position, you will:
- Develop the internal strategy for implementing the Safe & Connected™ model approach to case management
- Lead the implementation and evaluation of the adoption of the Safe & Connected™ model across Human Services
- Support success of the practice by developing and implementing policies, providing ongoing consultation, and coaching and providing leadership to internal and external community partners
- Provide direct supervision to a small team of professional staff
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in social work, business administration, public administration or other field appropriate to the position and five or more years of experience in the planning and administration of social service operations and programs
- Nine or more years of experience in the planning and administration of social service operations and programs
Nice to have:
- Professional licensure in education or the social sciences related to working with children and families
- Working with the child protection system
- Using the Safe & Connected™ model
- Supervising professional staff
- Leading strategic planning
- Knowledge of principles of organizational development, planning, implementation and program evaluation/performance management
- Ability to:
- Develop a project work plan, implement the strategies within the project work plan, and monitor and update strategies to accommodate changing priorities
- Work independently and drive the work, but also show the ability to work with a team atmosphere
About the department:
Human Services delivers a variety of services to individuals or families that assist with basic needs or encourage client change around specific objectives. We work with individuals as well as systems and communities in order to develop policy and advocate for the people we serve. The people we serve and our communities are connected. By helping one, we help the other.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as an Administrative Assistant, Principal.
Click here to view the job classification specification.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.