Carrier Graduate Hire Program - Embedded Software Engineer
Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
If you’re a current student or a recent graduate in Engineering or Computer Science you may be eligible for Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program. We are accepting applications for our 2019 program. The applicants must have received their degree prior to start date. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas within the skills of the future- Cyber Security, Embedded Systems, Model Based Development, Software, Systems and UI Development. Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program provides a hands-on engineering experience in a supported, closely mentored cohort. Associates of the Graduate Hire Program will obtain career development opportunities, exposure to leadership and will develop a strong professional network. The goal of Carrier’s Graduate Hire Program is to help early career professionals become productive and successful engineers within the one year program.
This engineer will work in the design, development and testing of Embedded Software for CCS products, leveraging state-of-art processes and technologies, including model-based design.
Specific responsibilities for this position will be:
· Contribute to the definition of embedded system platforms
· Support the definition of embedded software architectures
· Design and implement embedded software components
· Support the qualification process of embedded software components and systems
· Investigate embedded software issues, including software defects and performance bottlenecks
Experience & Qualifications
· Experience on embedded software programming, including C/C++ programming and Linux-based applications
· Experience on programming of distributed applications (e.g., client/server applications)
· Experience on cross-compilation and software debugging
· Solid background in RTOS and embedded platforms.
· Solid background on communication networks and distributed systems (CAN networks, TCP/IP, serial communication)
· Fluent English (both written and spoken), good technical writing, presentation and communication skills.
Preferred Technical Skills/Education:
· Experience on the use of modeling for software design and code generation, using either Simulink or IBM Rhapsody (or alternative UML tool)
· Experience in the use of MIL/SIL/HIL methods
· Experience in the use of hardware emulators (e.g., QEMU) for software testing
· Experience in the use of configuration management systems
BS in Engineering in the area of Embedded Systems or Software with 0-2 (for P1), 3-5 (for P2) years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.