68063528 - Government Operations Consultant III
Agency: Agency for Health Care Administration
Working Title: 68063528 - GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS CONSULTANT III
Position Number: 68063528
Salary: $1,769.23 - $1,884.62 / Bi-Weekly
Posting Closing Date: 02/16/2020
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the quality of health care in Florida. The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) is the State of Florida agency responsible for oversight of the Medicaid program. The Medicaid program provides low-income families and individuals with access to health care. If you have a desire to use your talent and skills at an organization that provides critical services to millions of individuals and families across the state, AHCA invites you to apply to become an essential member of our team. As one of Florida’s leading state agencies, AHCA’s diverse workforce community of more than 1,400 employees is proud of its efforts to serve the people of Florida.
The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), Division of Medicaid Policy has an exciting career opportunity for a dynamic, forward-thinking, innovative professional with strong writing and communication skills who can excel under pressure as a Government Operations Consultant III. This individual will report to the Managed Care Policy and Contract Development Program Administrator and will have primary oversight in Managed Care Policy and Contract Development.
The incumbent will develop and maintain program policies and procedures under the Florida Medicaid program to ensure that programs operate in accordance with the goals and objectives of the Agency, state and federal laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines. The incumbent will assist in the development of policy language for: the Medicaid managed care report guide, Medicaid contracts and amendments; Dear Managed Care Plan letters, contract interpretations, policy transmittals, and provider alerts. The incumbent will track and monitor the routing and approval of all policy documents to ensure timely completion and adherence to Agency established deadlines.
Salary is negotiable depending on experience and demonstrated successful management of complex projects and initiatives.
The Government Operations Consultant III will be responsible for carrying out research, policy, and statistical analysis related to Managed Care Policy and Contract Development. Specific duties include:
- Conducting policy research of issues of importance to the Agency for Health Care Administration;
- Researching laws and professional literature;
- Conducting focus groups and other forms of qualitative information gathering;
- Designing and administering surveys;
- Reviewing and analyzing agency records;
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative data in manual and electronic formats, including the use of statistical software as necessary;
- Identifying and drafting policy alternatives;
- Writing grammatically correct and accurate reports that concisely communicate results; and
- Preparing reports, memoranda, meeting minutes, literature reviews, issue briefs, and presentations
- Making presentations to stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Participating in internal and external meetings
- Performing other duties as assigned
Research analysts help to plan and convene meetings, design and implement qualitative studies and analyses, and assist in drafting written materials such as briefs, fact sheets, proposals and presentations.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
- Utilize fine-tuned research skills to provide consultative information to internal and external stakeholders related to federal and state authorities
- Be flexible and able to function and succeed both with and without extensive direction
- Understand the Medicaid Policy vision and have the ability to implement execute projects, assignments, and policy updates timely and accurately within a fast-paced environment
- Function both independently and in a team environment
- Propose solutions to complex problems
- Determine the best yes, through the use of comprehensive research
- Move cost-saving and cost-effective health policy forward
All applicants must ensure that all employment and detailed information about work experience is listed on your applicant profile and/or resume (including dates of service, reason for leaving, military service, self-employment, job-related volunteer work, internships, etc.) and that gaps in employment are explained. Applicants who do not provide all information necessary to meet the minimum requirements, will not be considered for this position.
This position requires travel.
AHCA offers an excellent array of benefits, including:
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental, vision and supplemental insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Tuition waiver for public college courses
- Training opportunities
This position is located in the Bureau of Medicaid Policy. For more information about the Bureau of Medicaid Policy, please visit our website at http://ahca.myflorida.com/Medicaid/index.shtml.
Join us at the Agency for Health Care Administration in fulfilling our mission to provide “Better Health Care for all Floridians.”
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of basic management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection and analysis.
- Ability to coordinate a consultative program designed to ensure the resolution of managerial and operational problems.
- Ability to determine work priorities and ensure proper completion of work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to assess budgetary needs.
- Ability to formulate policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to operational and management analysis activities.
- Ability to organize data into logical format for presentation in reports, documents and other written materials.
- Ability to collect, evaluate and analyze data to develop alternative recommendations, solve problems, document work and other activities relating to the improvement of operational and management practices.
- Ability to conduct fact finding research.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to travel with or without accommodations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Have at least two years of experience implementing and managing complex projects
- Have at least two years of experience implementing or developing State or health care related policies
- Have at least two years of experience serving as a lead or assistant on a major research project.
Preference will be given to candidates with professional writing experience (e.g., policy development, grant writing/submissions, rule promulgation, research publications, white papers, etc.)
A bachelor's degree from a college or university is preferred.
A master's degree from a college or university can substitute for one year of the required experience.
Professional or nonprofessional experience as described above can substitute on a year-for-year basis for the preferred college education.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
CONTACT: LOAN ROQUEPLOT 850-412-4195
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.
Nearest Major Market: Tallahassee