Call Center Representative
OPENING DATE: 02/07/20
CLOSING DATE: 02/14/20 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Hennepin Health
Hennepin Health (a nationally recognized health maintenance organization), is looking for a Member Customer Services Representative to provide customer service in a call center setting. Candidates with call center customer service experience in a Health Maintenance Organization, managed care, or other health insurance related setting are encouraged to apply.
Location and hours:
Hennepin Health offices are located in the Grain Exchange building, 400 South 4th Street, in downtown Minneapolis, this is accessible by public transportation and light rail. Work hours will be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
About the position type:
This position is full time, benefit earning.
In this position, you will:
- Provide customer service to Hennepin Health members over the phone.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding their benefits, claim inquiries, and balance due statements from providers.
- Access the provider network, medical authorization requirements; and review the navigation and scheduling of transportation services for our health plan members.
Need to have:
- Six months of experience in a HMO or managed care setting, providing customer service within a call center environment, and/or enrollment services experience.
Nice to have:
- Two or more years of experience using call center telephone systems.
- Working with Medical Assistance, Minnesota Care, and Special Needs Basic Care products and their respective benefit set.
- Navigating within the health care systems.
- Performing data entry.
- Using medical billing/coding systems.
- Working knowledge of a managed care organization.
- Knowledge of health plan requirements and industry best practices, mandates, statutes, and regulations.
- Knowledge of data privacy practices and regulations; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills including telephone etiquette.
- Basic level of research and analytical skills.
- Good organization and planning skills.
- Ability to:
- Multi-task, including the ability to understand multiple product lines of business and multiple levels of benefit within each product.
- Navigate and type on a computer while on the phone.
- Navigate multiple system applications.
- Time management skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to show patience, compassion, and empathy; the ability to listen to the member's needs, problem solve, and ensure their needs have been met.
About the department:
Public Health works to improve the health of all county residents by addressing the social and environmental factors that impact their health and offering programs and services that help them to be healthy. We promote physical and mental health; prevent illness and injury associated with communicable diseases and environmental conditions, and reduce chronic diseases.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This posting may be used to fill current and future vacancies.
This position is internally classified as a HH Services Representative.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience.
Final candidates may be required to complete a drug test and/or background check.