Warehouse Supervisor - LEAN Champion
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD
Be a vital player for one of the largest and most recognizable names in
Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
The Warehouse Supervisor "LEAN Champion" is typically dedicated to an assigned area of responsibility within an account or location. The incumbent ensures that productivity and operational goals are met in order to deliver customer satisfaction. Individual will be working in a dynamic environment that focuses on delivering continuous measurable improvement to the customer
The Lean Champion will serve as Lean change agent at each site. The Champion will work under the direction of the Lean Leader to ensure a consistent and successful deployment of Lean at their site. The Lean Champion will use Lean principles to help drive lean transformation/continuous improvement plans, manage the 5S and Continuous Improvement processes, identify opportunities for improvement, assist in implementing improvement projects and work to improve employee engagement at all levels within assigned site.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and the ability to provide consistent focus to drive lean initiatives throughout the facility.
- Ability to learn new concepts, demonstrate good interpersonal skills as well as the ability to facilitate and motivate teams.
- Good system and change implementation and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Willingness to gain familiarity with Lean Principles and Lean Assessment Requirements
- Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Day to day facilitation of lean transformational activities and projects at their facility;
- Lead monthly Transformation Plan and project review meetings
- Maintain Transformation Plan and project results monthly or more often as necessary
- Manage 5S audits and results reporting and update the charts and boards weekly
- Manage the Continuous Improvement Process
- Regularly follow up with project leaders on the status of active projects
- Submit weekly reports to site Management and the Lean Leader and upload them to the Sharepoint site as required.
- Coach and mentor Hourly Associates on Lean to ingrain it in the site culture.
- Demonstrate good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with the Lean Leader and the other Lean Champions to discuss the status of projects and lean activities at their site and share ideas and successes that could be replicated across the network.
- Conduct Lean Training for Management and Hourly employees