Facilities Project Manager
Facilities Project Manager
An Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY: $63,487.34 - $100,766.37 Annually
OPENING DATE: 12/31/19
CLOSING DATE: 01/15/20 11:59 PM Central Time
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
DEPARTMENT: Facility Services
Hennepin County's Engineering and Energy Management Division within Facility Services is seeking a Facilities Project Manager to administer and monitor engineering and energy consultants, contractors and projects. This position will also coordinate the development and review of project design, as well as construction and contract documents relating to new construction and alterations or renovations of existing facilities.
This position is recruitment critical and eligible for an employee referral bonus. Current Hennepin County employees who refer candidates may be eligible for a $500.00 referral bonus.
Location and hours:
This position is located at the Hennepin County Government Center, at 300 S 6th St, Minneapolis, MN 55487. Work hours will be Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
About the position type:
This position is a full-time, benefit-earning position.
In this position, you will:
- Recommend and implement engineering, energy conservation and infrastructure related projects and ensure that upgraded systems fit the long-term needs of the facility and Hennepin County.
- Implement and oversee projects related to construction, alteration, renovation, space utilization, and preservation within Hennepin County facilities; incorporate sustainable guidelines (including energy efficiency) throughout the various phases of assigned projects.
- Review plans and drawings and make recommendations to meet Hennepin County expectations.
- Confer and interface with governmental stakeholders, private, and public agencies, utility owners, citizens, or other affected groups on related planning, design, construction, or maintenance operations.
- Prepare project budgets, estimates, and permit applications, as well as schedule resources for their completion; assure all projects are on schedule, within budget, complete scope, and in compliance with all building codes and Hennepin County standards.
- Serve as construction project owner's representative primarily on projects of moderate complexity throughout all phases of the project from schematic design through project close.
- Administer consultant contracts and monitor consultant performance as related to project development and implementation.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- A bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, architecture, construction management or other closely related engineering field and five or more years of engineering or construction management experience.
- Eight or more years of engineering or construction management experience.
- A valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a Hennepin County driver's permit.
Nice to have:
- Engineering solutions and troubleshooting problems in existing buildings and in new building design and construction.
- Researching, developing, managing, and evaluating contracts.
- Overseeing and managing project budgets.
- Planning and coordination of all aspects of the design and construction process, including hiring consultants and working with engineers, architects and vendors.
- With strong oral and written communication, organization, and project management skills.
- Working with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of:
- Policy and procedural matters, principles, and practices of building codes and material applications.
- Construction documents and construction contract administration as applied to the principles of construction management.
- Ability to:
- Effectively oversee multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently; respond to various managers and staff as requested.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships, demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness in response to work demands, and provide functional design appropriate to the public sector.
- Work and communicate effectively with building inspectors, vendors, landlords, the general public and county employees.
*** Apply online at: http://hennepin.jobs ***
About the department:
The Hennepin County Facility Services Department provides a full range of facility services for county programs and services. The department:
- Identifies capital needs, responds to and supports capital projects identified by line departments.
- Develops and manages projects to construct new buildings, refurbish existing buildings, and maintain infrastructure.
- Operates and maintains buildings.
- Protects employees, contacts and property.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals -- that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at www.hennepin.us/employees.
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check.