Quality Assurance Engineer
The Space Dynamics Laboratory (SDL) has been developing innovative technologies and solutions for cutting-edge DoD and intelligence programs for almost six decades. Our expertise is in space and airborne IR, VIS, UV, and RF sensors, small satellite technologies, test and calibration, cybersecurity, data assurance, and ground stations.
We are seeking an experienced quality engineer to join our team. The selected candidate will report to the Quality Assurance Manager and perform quality-engineering activities in support of meeting program requirements. Duties may include tasks such as reviewing and approving drawing packages, acting as a witness for acceptance tests, interpreting contractual requirements, coordinating specifications for the purchase of goods and services, performing final inspections on deliverable hardware, preparing end-item data package documentation, identifying and implementing process improvements, and/or leading efforts to address and resolve nonconforming product issues.
The selected candidate may also be involved with supporting various activities associated with several of the organization’s ISO-9001-certified Quality Management System (QMS) processes including, but not limited to, customer satisfaction, internal audits, nonconformity control and corrective action, improvement initiatives, product assurance, control of documented information, and gathering/analyzing pertinent process data to help determine and improve process effectiveness.
· BS in a physical science, engineering, and/or business operation field
· At least 5-7 years of quality assurance/engineering experience
· Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and AS9100D Quality System Standards
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong problem solving abilities
· Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
· Proven ability to work well independently or on a team
· Ability to facilitate and promote use of problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action
· Must be a US citizen and be able to obtain a US government security clearance
· MS in a physical science, engineering, and/or business operations field
· Quality Assurance experience in a research and development environment, aerospace and defense, and or comparable industry
· Use of statistical analysis techniques
· Active DoD clearance
· Quality certifications such as CQT, CQE, CQA, CSQE, etc.
SDL Benefits: SDL offers competitive salaries and unique benefits, among which include a variety of inexpensive-premium, quality health insurance options; automatic employer retirement contributions, up to 14.2% of base salary; flexible work schedules; generous annual and sick leave; and discounted USU tuition of 50% for employees and dependents. At SDL, we take pride in and highly value our employees. Please contact us if you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of applying.